GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I bought a r32 gtst on friday up in Mansfield, which is a good 400 miles away from where i live in Cornwall, i drove it to Cambridge to stay the night there and drove it back yesterday. it over heated twice???? and then when i finally got home the bottom end suddenly started knocking, so i slowed down but it was too late and the con rod put a nice big hole in the the side of the engine.
What a joke.
Is this ment to happen?? i didnt think it was, there was no tell tell signs.
It has a GTROC sticker on the back window and i was wondering if any1 knew the car from on here?
the registration is J563 MHC

any help would be great thanks

jake

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
hmm no it isnt supposed to happen . . . . that sucks arse!

looks like you possibly have been sold a duff car my friend. how high did the engine temps get?

license plates being shown on forums are frowned upon on here by mods though i think.
what mods were on the car? what mileage etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hks mushroom filter, greedy boost controller, but the boost was turned right down.
sorry bout showing the license plate number but its for ne1 that noes the car to see if they knew it was going when they sold it so i can go back to the person i bought it off.
the engine boiled the water, once wen i was in a traffic jam and the other time when i was sitting letting the turbo cool.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
i guess if he own's the car now then it's ok to show his plate?
seem's like you need a re-build mate,sorry to hear that :(

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
i suppose that is true japfreak! it is your car so your choice!

have you spoken to the old owner about it? i doubt anything will happen but it never hurts to ask!

i dont think it needs a rebuild it needs a replacement engine!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep a new engine theres a 4cm diameter hole in the block.
spoke to the old owner and he said theres not a lot he can do.
im trying to get theaa to pay half, as im a fully paid member.

·
Registered
25,668 Posts
did you get it checked over before hand? i assume so

to be honest for the price of a rebuild your better off buying another GTS-T

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Rubbish, Matty - far cheaper to get an RB25 in there!! R32 GTSTs are rarer than 33s and tend to go for decent money

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Was it bought privately or a trader? If it was a trade then you can get your money back - there is no such thing as 'sold as seen', and trading standards will be on your side..

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
pics of the car will better than a reg plate!

Who checked the car over?

What temp did it get too? Temp gauge

Was there coolant in there or just water?

How long did you leave it running in the traffic and on your drive before it over heated?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts