GTR Forum banner

Nurburgring 14th-18th Sept?

• Yes, see you there!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Can't Make it! Maybe next time..

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • There's no way on gods earth I'd do that to my car!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I'm washing my hair..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • The Wife/Girlfriend/Dog won't let me!

Votes: 4 23.5%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're off to the Nurburgring again, so I'd like to extend an open invitation to anyone who's interested. We're setting off on 14th September and returning on the 18th, though you're wellcome to do whichever days you want.

The circuit is open PM Friday and Monday and all day Sat and Sunday. You buy laps as you need them at £6 (roughly)each.

Some are camping, and some are looking into Hotel/B&B accomodation - 's up to you..

If anyone's interested, let me know and I can send more info,

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nurburgring

Hello Dave.

Recently bought my r33 v-spec.I really would love to come,but I feel I need more drive time to get to grips/used to her more.Maybe next time.
BTW what is the approx cost in fuel/fares/accom?

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Costs as follows:

Return ferry ticket: 100 - 200 GBP - Depends upon when you go and which crossing you use

Petrol - To and from the 'Ring is about 800miles round trip from Bedford plus whatever you use on-track (20-30% cheaper than UK for 98 RON SUL)

Accomodation: From 7GBP per night (Camping) , 25 GBP per night (B&B) and 35GBP per night in a hotel

Track time: About 7GBP per lap (23Km) - bought in 1's,6's and 12's
Beer and food: Generally less than UK

People are welcome to come and just hang-out as there's usually plenty of people willing to give lifts (sometimes for the price of a lap). You can of course do as many or as few laps as you want, though as you're new to the 'Ring, it's generally good advice to put your ego away and accept that most people will be quicker than you (regardless of what you or they drive).

If you can accept being overtaken by the likes of minis and polos, then it's a good place to take your car for one of the best, most challenging pieces of road anywhere.

Hope that helps,

Dave

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
'ring

Hello Davec.

Many thanks for informative information(try sayinh thahhtas affterr a fewwww ssssschotches:D ).

Cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hiya Dave

Dave et all,

No 1
I will be there... At least Sat/Sun anyway...

No 2
Their is a big Evo meet at the ring the same weekend!!! Ooo this should be fun...

:)

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Dirk

should also be there on the evening of the 14th.....

Dan, has Dirk driven your car yet?

Peter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
GREAT SUNDAY

Dave,

Great to see you again, thanks for the help with hoses BTW. Did you guys get home okay? When are looking to head back to the Ring again?

/Dan

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'Ring Trip

Dan

Got back last night after finding out our ferry had been cancelled, apparently the driver spun it into the dock wall and put a bloody great ding in the side a couple of days ago :eek:

Had a great weekend - The Monday was absolutely cracking (and dry) with just a little bit of damp in the run up to Fuchsrohrer (sp?) and after Bergwerk :D . The track was nearly empty too!

Good news about the hoses! - The old Lancer2000 Turbo did the same on the last lap on Monday, the circuit had closed by the time we got back, so he had to fix it at track side. Your car felt good, thanks for the lap...

Could you have a word with Middlehurst about the dump valves? I need to get them sorted so I can roll it back up to 1.3Bar!

Other commitments make another trip to th'Ring a bit tough, though I love to slot it in! Failing that we're all back out in May (I can't wait that long!)

Really good to see you again,

Cheers,

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts