GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
battery gone flat.i know there should be a keyhole somewhere to get the doors open.
can anyone tell me where its located.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
If you pull the drivers door handle you will see a cap/screw of some sort if you remove that you will see key cylinder......

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Oh and open the door gently as the window won't drop....once you get it open don't close it until you have charged or replaced the battery to avoid smashing a window....

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Lol.....yeah that would have presented a few problems:)

Glad you got into it:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
480 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
These are very good batteries. Especially good if you want to run two batteries in the car and use this to maintain the tracker and alarm and as a back-up ignition power supply. But they are costly ...

This is also a great option for a regular battery and at a great price. Got one of these in my Evo and it has made a huge difference to the amount of time that I can leave the car without the battery running flat (~50% better than the battery before):

Type 054 Varta Asia Car Battery 12V 40Ah (Short Code: A14) (Varta DIN: 540 126 033) - Car Batteries - Varta Asia Car Batteries

·
Registered
919 Posts
Alarming things seem to happen if you are close to battery exhaustion.

The rear lights stay on as did one of the front lights. I presume this is to alert you to the pending battery issue impacting door opening?

Following a full battery charge all went back to normal. The RAC chap did laugh that the battery on the GTR was really quite similar to those on a Micra. Not sure how true this is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts