GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The story so far

I live in Hatfield (15 miles North London) and I used to own a P reg R33 GTS 2.0 non turbo automatic skyline. Which maybe, the slowest Skyline in the world...ever.

To cut a long story short, I bought a Blur TVR Cerbera last year, to help fullfill my inner cravings, however, and without wanting to **** off any TVR fans, I've found the Cerb to be a little unreliable.

The result is as follows, I'm selling my Cerbie, and should have around £6k to spend on getting the GTS up to scatch. The GTS has rotted away at my mates house for the past year and needs quite a bit of work done to it.

Stuctural - Front right Bush has broken. door locks have been shattered and will be needed to be filled in.
Mechanical - Speedometer + Revometer don't work
Appearance - A number of bangs, dents and scratchs will need to be sorted, as well as the rear end needs banging into shape.
Performance - 2L non turbo, nuff said, it aint no rocket.

So I'm off this evening to take photo's of my poor car, which I shall post for you all to laugh at.

What I need from you

To be blunt, I need your help, as I have no idea when it comes to cars at all, so I thought I'd ask the people who know the vehicle best [/crawling]

Things I'd like to know

- Best place to take for repairs, I've been to Nissan who are asking a hell of alot of money. about £2k for Bush + brake pads!
- Bodykits, Defintily needs a new bodykit, as currently it doesnt really have one. I like the GTR kit, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Any good places to buy/fitted? I' ve found a place in Milton Keynes quoting about 1k for front/back/sides and another 1k for fitting + painting.
- Performance Something needs to be done about it's performance. quite frankly it's embarrasing. any suggestions appreciated, is getting a turbo possible. Would getting a new 2nd hand engine be better? NOS? any places you'd reccomend? Does it being an automatic effect my choices

I apologise for the amount of questions, but I'm in desperate need of advice, and it'll do your Karma no end of good :)

Apologies if this is in the wrong area

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice and kind words. : )

To be honest I had no idea they were going for so cheap! but having just checked AutoTrader there appear to be some very nice models of the GTS for around 5K! :eek:

Basically what happened to the old car... was that it got nicked from my driveway, and the clever Insurance method I was using at the time didnt cover me for theft (hey I was young and foolish... I needed the money) anyway, that was a few years ago, and I now insure properly. but it has left me with a car that I love, but in all probability is a write off.

I havent attempted to sell it because I was under the illusion that if I spent a bit on it, I'd get alot back, but I think I'm beginning to realise my delusions for what they truly are.

The question is, is what do I do with the old skyline?

I think you guys are right, it would be far better to just buy another GTS...a proper one with gears and stuff!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, they're one of the quicker ones (0-60 = 4.2), but not as quick as the 4.5 version (0-60 = 3.9) , and they dont make them anymore so if you keep it in good nick it can keep it's price pretty well.

I bought it for 13,500 last December, and since then have spent over a grand on new tyres and Brake pads so would want around 13k for it.

Seriously tempted by a GTR, my 2 choices are either buy a GTS and pay of a few Credit cards, or blow the lot on a GTR.

I know what the sensible choice is, but...you know...GTR!!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.