1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I looked at this car at Nismo yesterday:

http://www.carsfactory.co.jp/stock/comp020.html

It's stunning, but I'm unhappy about a couple of things.

They wouldn't let me have a test drive, end of. They wouldn't even take me for a drive as a passenger. My Japanese friend explained that I'm not a tourist, I'm serious about the car and want to compare a standard GTR to this one (2.8 F-Sport GT conversion) so I can decide if it's what I'm looking for but no joy. It's not insured outside of the showroom. Who buys a car without driving it first??

Also the paint in the engine bay, and underside of the bonnet is matt black, and not blue which I thought was odd. The engine was also done a month ago, so why would it be for sale? Crash, respray and rebuild?

I did a quick tot up and it has over 15K GBP of Nismo parts on there, all of which look brand new....

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
no testdrives....welcome to japan;)

Black engine bay is standard on first production run GTRs (1999-2001). When the V-spec II was introduced in 2001 they changed painting process and painted the engine bay the same color as the body.

As for why it has a new engine. That's what Nismo Factory doesn, they buy second hand cars and rebuild them then sell them off....

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DCD.

I spoke to Bean earlier and he explained things too, but I've got a few more questions I want to ask them.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
they don't do R32s? aw man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts