GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

just wondering if it is worth getting a set of Mine's MAFs and if anyone has any experience using them on a R32 GTR....also, the set im looking at is used and the guy is asking $360 USD, are they worth it?? and what is the max HP one can reach when using these MAFs?

thank you in advance, Navin:bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
If your running good power then your standard afm's will max out and the mine's ones will do the job nicely.....

Whats the spec and power of your car?.......my 34 was maxing out my Mine's afms so had to change them

They are rated to 600ps

Price seems good too!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im runing N1 Turbos, Sard: 700cc injectors, Fuel pump and fuel raill. also, Tomei Type B Poncams and camgears.power Fc for tuning....and im aiming for 550ishWHP...the Mine's should be fine then??

thank you...Navin

·
Registered
26 Posts
i actualy spoke to my tuner yesterday and her said that they are a pig to tune and that the larger Z32 afm is a much better way to go. so ill definatley go for Z32's

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Not a pig to tune if your tuner knows what they are doing......however they are not a plug and go option......same with the nismo afm's........just need more time to get them right as they need a base map created for them.........

But i personally would go for z32's if the option is there......they are bigger and cope with more power so less chance of maxing them out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a pig to tune if your tuner knows what they are doing......however they are not a plug and go option......same with the nismo afm's........just need more time to get them right as they need a base map created for them.........

But i personally would go for z32's if the option is there......they are bigger and cope with more power so less chance of maxing them out.
really?...i thought they would plug into the stock harness...and dont the Z32s max out around 500hp and the Mine's at 700hp??... please, clear this up for me because i can get the Mine's soon but its so hard to find z32s...i am waiting untill next year to tune the car...so if i dont pick up the Mine's units i would have to hunt for z32s..

thanks alot guys, Navin

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
really?...i thought they would plug into the stock harness...and dont the Z32s max out around 500hp and the Mine's at 700hp??... please, clear this up for me because i can get the Mine's soon but its so hard to find z32s...i am waiting untill next year to tune the car...so if i dont pick up the Mine's units i would have to hunt for z32s..

thanks alot guys, Navin
Navin,

The Mines afm's plug straight in but there is no option on the power fc menu for tunning...... so you need to create a base mape for them.......just time consuming!......same goes for the Nismo afm's.

The Mine's afms are rated to 600ps the pair.......i think the z32's are around 800 a pair..........the z32's will definitely cope with more power then the mine's but may not necessarily be what you need......

Z32 afms are bigger in size so need bigger pipe work and bigger filters......or buy an apexi suction kit which has everything you need to fit them........more costs involved!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Navin,

The Mines afm's plug straight in but there is no option on the power fc menu for tunning...... so you need to create a base mape for them.......just time consuming!......same goes for the Nismo afm's.

The Mine's afms are rated to 600ps the pair.......i think the z32's are around 800 a pair..........the z32's will definitely cope with more power then the mine's but may not necessarily be what you need......

Z32 afms are bigger in size so need bigger pipe work and bigger filters......or buy an apexi suction kit which has everything you need to fit them........more costs involved!
considering im only aiming for 550WHP...i think the Mine's units should be ok and that i would not need any modification to my piping...thanks for all the help guys...

Navin

·
Registered
26 Posts

sorry i didnt realise you were such an expert at tuning..how many big hp GTR's have you tuned??? can you tune mine??? im sure my tuner has done more... a lot more and knows what he is doing.

my opinion is the Z32 maf as the mines and nismo are not the best option. they may be a direct replacement but the Z32 has more potential and tuneability

thats all im saying as argueing on an internet forum is like winning the special olympics....you may win but your still a retard!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
sorry i didnt realise you were such an expert at tuning..how many big hp GTR's have you tuned??? can you tune mine??? im sure my tuner has done more... a lot more and knows what he is doing.

my opinion is the Z32 maf as the mines and nismo are not the best option. they may be a direct replacement but the Z32 has more potential and tuneability
Mate just relax. Everyone has different opinions. Who's your tuner by the way? (I'm in Syd too!)

That being said if you're using the Mines / Nismo AFMs you don't need to make a fresh map, can start from the VG30 AFMs setting on the PFC, with adjustments to get it going properly, such as adding fuel at idle.

Zenitani - my opinion is that it comes down to whether you are prepared to fiddle with intake piping sizes. 550rwhp is achievable with RB20DET 80mm AFMs, and a hell of a lot cheaper than using Mines/Nismo/Z32 AFMs.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

thats all im saying as argueing on an internet forum is like winning the special olympics....you may win but your still a retard!!!

The only person argueing is you so go find another forum full of retards like yourself to do it.......this aint a competition where you can win.......its called offering advice from experience!

You obvioulsy mis-understood what i said and took it personally against your tuner.......when infact all i was saying is that its not a 'pig of a job' but merely time consuming.......

Have i tuned loads of engines??....NO......nore have i said anywhere that i have......HOWEVER.......i was in my own car when it was being mapped from scratch with both these types of afm's and so i can speak from actual experience of being there whilst it was being done.....Can you???.....

You'll also see (if you bothered to read) that i agreed with you about the Z32 afm's being a better choice!!!

End of rant.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i was just having a bit of fun,
with the rb20 items iv heard that there is not very much of a gain over standard its to do with the voltage scale,
the mines R34 uses there maf's so they do work well its just harder to tune because basicaly it is the standard 65mm body with the Z32 internals

i did see you agreed thankyou

hope i didnt offend anyone...

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
I've gone down the NISMO route. Not got them on yet but anything can be better than the knackered ones that are on it at the mo.

TT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts