GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been pondering what to do by way of 'styling' (ahem) my R32. I like the standard lines but want to do something a little different from the norm without spending megabucks.

I'd originally thought of slapping a load of JGTC graphics all over it and a whopping big GT wing to follow the theme of the 2000 Nismo JGTC R34:

However after photoshopping it, it became obvious that the lack of masive flared wings and factory size wheel arches (the JGTC car front arches are MASSIVE!!) and even 'tiny' 18" wheels would make it look a little odd.

So I've been pondering taking a different route and came up with the following idea:

C/F boot
C/F GT wing
C/F canards
Craft Square wing mirrors
Nismo sunstrip
NISMO (old style) side stripe
Relocated front license plate
NACA bonnet duct
Open front grille with GT-R badge
Smoked indicator lenses

Just thought I'd throw it open for comments and/or ideas. Nothing's cast in stone and I'd appreciate any kind of input :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jim

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I reckon it looks cool,

If I were you I'd lose the sunstrip and swap the wheels for some Black Nismo GT4s, Like the ones on Toby Broom's Car :smokin:

Sev
Cheers Sev. I thought about changing the wheels but I dunno - the Advans have really grown on me and I think they suit the car really well. Whilst the black GT4s would look nice I don't really think they'd add much to the look over and above the Advans.

I must be losing it. I actually LIKE the 3 spokes :D

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Smoked indicators look pony, like a croozer who cant afford clears so went n tinted his orange ones with some Halfords spray.

Seems a bit strange having the older style Nismo badge on the sides, and more modern one on stunstrip.

Also seems having a scoop there a bit odd, as itd serve no purpose.

Overall it looks decent tho.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smoked indicators look pony, like a croozer who cant afford clears so went n tinted his orange ones with some Halfords spray.

Seems a bit strange having the older style Nismo badge on the sides, and more modern one on stunstrip.

Also seems having a scoop there a bit odd, as itd serve no purpose.

Overall it looks decent tho.
The NACA duct sits on top of the rear turbo allowing cold air into the rear of the engine bay. On the R34 V-Spec II Nismo fitted them and achieved a 4-5 degree reduction in air temp around the rear turbo. Having already had one rear turbo roast itself alive I thought it'd be functional as well as pwetty :p

Have to say that having seen the quality of the clear indicators on the market I wouldn't touch them with a sh1tty stick. Plus I'd also go so far as to say that clear indicators have been the territory of the Maxxy Powah cwoozers for a long time. Smoked are plain & simple, fit perfectly (cos they're original Nissan items) and fit well with the tinted glass, black wheels, carbon boot & rear wing IMHO.

As for the sunstrip - dunno - just picked that Nismo logo :D Might use the older one though...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Cheers Sev. I thought about changing the wheels but I dunno - the Advans have really grown on me and I think they suit the car really well. Whilst the black GT4s would look nice I don't really think they'd add much to the look over and above the Advans.

I must be losing it. I actually LIKE the 3 spokes :D
The GT4s have a chunky look about them that fill up the arches really well, something that the advans don't do to the same extent

Also it's in-keeping with the nismo theme non?

And yes on the basis of that 3-spoke comment you are completely insane! :)

Sev

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
Looks good Jim.

I would have smoothed the front bumper seeing as you went with the reg plate relocation, but that's just my preference.

·
6,817 Posts
Well looks not better then before . . . leave it with out stickers . .:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
The mirrors make it look like a Tyranasurus Rex... HUGE body... little arms...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Leave it silver and get some nicer big black rims and a CF bonnet and clear indicators... Remove the GTR badge at the front and that should be all it needs... no stickers, no clutter just awesome!

Oh and no sunstrip either...

;)

just my opinion...

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just so we're clear, this is the car as it stands at present:

Here's my Nismo JGTC photoshop effort:

I even had a look at bronze Rota GTRs but they just don't seem to look right on a silver R32...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts