GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
124.10mph terminal speed.
There has been an 800bhp GTR at the drag a couple of times that has been 0.4sec quicker than me so I realise that upgrading isn't gonna change the times by a great deal however when you watch a car pull 0.4sec out of you it looks mighty impressive.
Thats a very quick car, terminal is a little down on the average 4.25 @127/8 maybe its a case of less power gets the car down the track quicker as no wheelspin, however a well set up 4.25 on racerom V8 by someone like Ian or Ben will now IMO show more of a difference, 0.4 sounds nothing but the distance tells another story, little more than 0.4 to be fair

4.25 v 4.5

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My car has a Milltek Non Res Y pipe and K&N drop in filters but in Litchfields words - there will be no performance gain without a remap

As I understand the earlier cars performed better after a stage 1 map but the newer models barely improved?

What year is your one?
MY 2017. I Didn't remap it because of the Nissan Warranty but its soon to be out of that so gonna modify and take out the Litchfield warranty.

·
R35 Section manager
10,780 Posts
My car has a Milltek Non Res Y pipe and K&N drop in filters but in Litchfields words - there will be no performance gain without a remap

As I understand the earlier cars

performed better after a stage 1 map but the newer models barely improved?

What year is your one?
MY 2017. I Didn't remap it because of the Nissan Warranty but its soon to be out of that so gonna modify and take out the Litchfield warranty.

Little gain on a stage 1 map then.
Maybe worth asking if anyone has a stage 4.25 car near you that you can take a ride in to see if you think its worth it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

What year is your one?

Maybe worth asking if anyone has a stage 4.25 car near you that you can take a ride in to see if you think its worth it?
That would be good but in Cornwall there are very few GTRs, modified or not! I'm set on having the car modified now anyway. Hoping to get a dragy box for Xmas so hopefully I can get a set of 0-60 etc figures from the stock car and then do the same after 4.25 mod at end Jan. Will post results here for anyone else thinking of upgrading.

·
R35 Section manager
10,780 Posts

What year is your one?

That would be good but in Cornwall there are very few GTRs, modified or not! I'm set on having the car modified now anyway. Hoping to get a dragy box for Xmas so hopefully I can get a set of 0-60 etc figures from the stock car and then do the same after 4.25 mod at end Jan. Will post results here for anyone else thinking of upgrading.

Which part of Cornwall?
The Roads there are so much quieter for driving so a huge bonus.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
St Austell. Roads are good if it's not summer time and you pick your times carefully!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I’m brand new here and just catching up on some of the threads. I bought a R35 already Stage 2 at Litchfield and have booked it in mid January for Stage 4.25 It already has Akropovic slip on and carbon tips so new downpipes should give me the noise I’m looking for. Great advice and info here so look forward to it even more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm having the 4.25 from a stage 1 next month at Litchfield. Running standard exhaust at the moment. it's quite drone like on motorways. not really interested in big noise but wanted less drone. what are the differences between.
1. Std exhaust and Y pipe
2. LM exhaust.
3. Milltek
4. Akrapovic (not that I can really afford it!!!)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Lol’ing at the OP.

“standard GT-R isn’t that quick” but pulls a 10.9 1/2 mile.

That’s quicker than most super cars.

4.25 will blow your mind - I can also recommend Litchfield, professional service and if you have deep pockets the sky’s the limit!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday, it’s certainly louder but not overly impactful on motorway driving; for me it’s about perfect noise wise. Mine has the Akropovic slip on and looks and sounds great. The performance is not subtle in its change, much more low end power and more brutal mid range acceleration. I also went for the Ecutek dongle which for the money is well worth it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday, it’s certainly louder but not overly impactful on motorway driving; for me it’s about perfect noise wise. Mine has the Akropovic slip on and looks and sounds great. The performance is not subtle in its change, much more low end power and more brutal mid range acceleration. I also went for the Ecutek dongle which for the money is well worth it.
what benefits does the Ecutek dongle have. I'm new to all this so not sure what benefits it gives me with limited knowledge

·
Registered
3 Posts
what benefits does the Ecutek dongle have. I'm new to all this so not sure what benefits it gives me with limited knowledge
So in short it give you realtime access to switching maps, performance, launch control and and boost management plus many. You can check the app out and see why access you get.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
So in short it give you realtime access to switching maps, performance, launch control and and boost management plus many. You can check the app out and see why access you get.
Plus data logging, ability to change TC and launch settings and if activated boost by gear and a pretty accurate performance meter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Plus data logging, ability to change TC and launch settings and if activated boost by gear and a pretty accurate performance meter
Is it easy for a newbie to learn about the Ecutek? Is there any danger of me damaging something if I don't use it correctly? I thought if I just left Litchfield to do the 4.25 conversion, took out their warranty, i'd be set

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Is it easy for a newbie to learn about the Ecutek? Is there any danger of me damaging something if I don't use it correctly? I thought if I just left Litchfield to do the 4.25 conversion, took out their warranty, i'd be set
Its pretty idiot proof thats why we are all fine !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the 4.25 from a stage 1 next month at Litchfield. Running standard exhaust at the moment. it's quite drone like on motorways. not really interested in big noise but wanted less drone. what are the differences between.
2. LM exhaust.
3. Milltek
im also interested in the differences too

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
So I’ve finally had my GTR modified to Stage 4.25 followed by a few spirited drives and one Drag day. The car now makes 661bhp and 604lbf.ft and definitely feels stronger throughout the rev range and particularly between 5000 and 7000rpm. It’s not night and day compared to the stock car however. Drag times with the stock car as mentioned before were 10.921secs ¼ mile on a warm/dry/strong crosstail windy July day compared to the modified car time of 10.750secs ¼ mile on a cold/dry/strong head windy January day. Having the ability to adjust launch rpm and turbo pressure was a big advantage in achieving this time and I do think that there is a better time to come with a less windier/warm day along with a few more tweaks to launch settings/tyre pressures etc. I will add that there is a -0.67% slope on the drag strip hence possibly not a totally accurate time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
2. LM exhaust.
3. Milltek
Initially I had a non res Milltek Y pipe fitted to my stock MY2017 which I really liked the sound of, I didn't want anything too noisy. Having now upgraded to Stage 4.25, which includes downpipes, the car is quite a bit louder but having kept the stock titanium back section of the exhaust allows me to close the valve if I wish.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts