GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right been wanting to do my wheels centers gold for a while now. But was afraid i wouldn't be keen in the flesh so always chickened out. However i decided to do them in gold plasti-dip( can be peeled off easy if i didn't like it). Plan is to get them powder coated proper if i like. What do u guys think? You think it goes well with the purple? Or stay silver?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
Look good but I think you could go a little darker on the gold

Some of the angles the gold looks a bit weak perhaps? Otherwise I’m a fan:)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some of the angles the gold looks a bit weak perhaps? Otherwise I’m a fan:)
Yeh was a 2 stage process dark grey undercoat and gold metallic top coat so glitters more in the light.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good. I say more sidewall tire or a tad lower on the ride height. Great looking car.
Was just off the jacks so sitting a tad higher than normal. I dont think id have a front splitter or centre exhaust if it sat any lower.

Thanks for the comments seems the light gold is a winner then.

·
Registered
840 Posts
With mnp2...you cant go wrong pal!! But I reckon you could shade or two darker? Maybe just get gold car wrap in right shade and put it on face of wheel your self...just to see what it looks like?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With mnp2...you cant go wrong pal!! But I reckon you could shade or two darker? Maybe just get gold car wrap in right shade and put it on face of wheel your self...just to see what it looks like?
Mine is midnight purple 3 alot lighter than 2. Hard to compare cos that car is so dark. Looks good on the BBS wheels though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts