GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday i had the APR GTC 500 Rear Wing fitted onto the GTR and from certain angles it looks great but from others it doesn't. So whats your opinion on it and is their anything i can buy/do to make it suit more? I have been looking on the Knightracer website for idea's and thought the Front Lip with Duct's and the Bilson skirts and rear arch extensions but haven't seen them fitted from a distance on a black car.

A couple of pic's of it fitted

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'll vote yes it's good,,
But I think with a wing like that, you need the horse power to back it up.
Only my view,
Goldie

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Personally i think that with such an aggressive wig you need to match that with other features on the car.

If it were me i would definitely look at a new front lip (probably one with vents in), the knightracer zele style side skirts and rear diffuser. They will give the car a more aggressive look which i think would match the wing a lot better.

I think all that, espcially with your wheels which are awesome by the way would really tie everything in.

(By the way the wing is great :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll vote yes it's good,,
But I think with a wing like that, you need the horse power to back it up.
Only my view,
Goldie
Agreed maybe 650bhp isn't enough for a wing like this, i'll be going to 730/750bhp in a few months but that as far as i'd go.

Any thoughts on what to make it suit more??

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally i think that with such an aggressive wig you need to match that with other features on the car.

If it were me i would definitely look at a new front lip (probably one with vents in), the knightracer zele style side skirts and rear diffuser. They will give the car a more aggressive look which i think would match the wing a lot better.

I think all that, espcially with your wheels which are awesome by the way would really tie everything in.

(By the way the wing is great :thumbsup:)
I think a trip to Knightracer might be in order to see what will suit the wing.

Thank you for the advice mate

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
No problem mate.

And i must apologise. I appear to have accused you of having an 'aggressive wig' in my previous post rather than an aggresive wing! :chuckle:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem mate.

And i must apologise. I appear to have accused you of having an 'aggressive wig' in my previous post rather than an aggresive wing! :chuckle:
I understood what you meant, some would accuse you of not typing correctly or doing a full spell check.

I've spoken with Paul at PW Pro also on any thoughts he has also.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I was looking at this yesterday morning at santa pod, proper dribble material!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, if I were you, parking that "machine" in all that chaos, id of been very, very worried!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, if I were you, parking that "machine" in all that chaos, id of been very, very worried!
I moved it twice due to people next to me being very inconsiderate then left as i got fed up. Wanted to take it down the strip but it was chaos and still very slippery.

Did you have a good day??

·
Registered
497 Posts
It was ok, watching the drifting for 3hrs got a bit boring! When the sun came out and strip opened it got more interesting. Perhaps it would have made more sense to wait until summer to have something like that. I'm still glad I went though, you? If you had of gone down, would you have beat 11.9 @122???

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was ok, watching the drifting for 3hrs got a bit boring! When the sun came out and strip opened it got more interesting. Perhaps it would have made more sense to wait until summer to have something like that. I'm still glad I went though, you? If you had of gone down, would you have beat 11.9 @122???
We all walked around the cars and the walked around again then decided to leave as their was no sign of the strip opening. I'd of given the 11.9 a good go to beat, since owning this GTR it's been crap weather as i bought in Novemeber. Will put a time down when it gets warmer and see how i do.

Yes would have been better in summer.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I love the look!!!

Take a trip to Albert his showroom is impressive with carbon everhwhere!!

A mean looking carbon bonnet and skirts would really set it off IMO

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
TBH what is the advantage of sticking a big bloody wing on a car that was sculptured aerodynamically in a wind tunnel to produce the best aerodynamic for the car?

Watch the original Top Gear where even Clarkson talks about the shape of the car and the way it has been designed to flow the air over it and thought the original designed rear spoiler to add down-force, even the shape of the wing mirrors

Sorry you asked for my opinion !!!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Looks noddy on a road car. Only for the track IMHO.
I have to agree, but then I usually leave the bodywork on my cars alone, even if I track them.

Personally I believe that if Nissan spent a lot of time getting the aero right for an all round usable car, a big fandango add on by a small aftermarket company is only going to compromise it or look completely OTT.

But that is only my opinion.
A lot of people will love it exactly because it's OTT. :)

edit: Just noticed I've got the same view as Steve again... :nervous:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts