GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R33 GTR, wet roundabout, some desiel, a bit too much throttle and opps!
Car spun clipping opposite kirb smashing both alloy wheels, bending suspension linkages and god knows what else underneath. Luckly the street sign slowed the car down but did damage front wing. Oh and the front bumper was ripped of. I had just got the tracking done as well.
Still, no one hurt other than my pride - hopefully the insurance company won't right it off as I have heard (due to part costs) that this happens a lot with R33 gtrs.
Can someone tell me how to post pictures as I haven't got a clue (my mate said the same about my driving!)

·
Registered
832 Posts
There is a sticky under "Members Gallery" pertaining to the posting pics question using Imageshack. It's easy cheesy....

·
R35 Section manager
11,054 Posts
Ever considered fitting a torque controller??
Speak to R32 Combat maybe?

Sorry to hear about the damage mate.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
is that how you deal with it? just knock down the torque when its greecy? i just cruise around like a old lady :chuckle:

·
R35 Section manager
11,054 Posts
is that how you deal with it? just knock down the torque when its greecy? i just cruise around like a old lady :chuckle:

No mate, Wind it up slightly on the dial!:wavey: Must admit I dont drive like a dick in the rain anyway:flame:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Ouch! Well it looks relatievyl straight forward and I suspect you may be able to get some of the parts second hand anyway. Good luck with the rebuild

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just worried the buggers might right it off!!!!
As for the driving tips.......yeah yeah yeah, but cheers for replys anyway.
Of for a few beers and some sulking.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leaving it to the insurance as suspect axles, wishbone, two wheels, tyres, bumper and wing will add up to a few quid - do want the car back though. What do we pay vast amounts of cash to the insurance for after all.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
noticed mine understeering a bit on roundabouts at minute, put it down to sh1t tyres but thinking may just be road conditions!
t-reg dont drive lick d1ck in wet, sorry but i do lol! only in staright line though as like to see that torque meter move for a change hehe

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree that the cars are meant to be driven but not into kurbs - but was not really driven like a dick/more like not paying attention. Will take care in future but will stilldrive car as it is meant, as I trust most others do - otherwise buy a Punto.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts