GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OPTIMA® YellowTop® DEEP CYCLE BATTERY FOR EXTREME APPLICATIONS

The OPTIMA YellowTop is made to install and forget. No matter the conditions, be it dampness, heat, dirt or exposure to extremes in vibration or regular discharge, it is guaranteed to deliver uninterrupted power throughout the entire discharge cycle. The ability to hold a higher voltage during the discharge cycle makes it possible to utilize more of the stored power in the OPTIMA, compared to ordinary batteries. All of these benefits are due to OPTIMA’s Spiralcell® Technology, which combines the advantages of a starting battery with those of a deep cycle battery.

3 x Quicker Recharging (as compared to a standard battery bought for the same purpose)

The YellowTop handles many discharges as well as re-charges without losing significant capacity and is also ideal for seasonal use because of its very low self-discharge rate.

OPTIMA YellowTop batteries are made for the extremes. Whether your vehicle is designed to crank out the decibels or take the abuse of off-road driving, you need more from your battery. OPTIMA Batteries with patented Spiralcell® Technology deliver deep cycle characteristics coupled with an extreme resistance to vibration.

Over 15 x more Vibration-Resistance (as compared to a standard battery)

This combination provides performance vehicles with the repetitive power they need in a spill-proof package. If your vehicle has a lot of accessories like high performance stereo/AV systems, extra lights, winches or hydraulics it demands more from its battery. OPTIMA YellowTop batteries provide the extra performance and cycling capability that your vehicle demands.

Dimensions:

Length (MM) Top, Base
237, 228

Width (MM) Top, Base
129, 121

Height (MM) inc Terminals

Gross Weight (Kg)

Terminal Layout

CCA (SAE)

Voltage

Capacity (Ah)

Reserve Capacity (Ah)

Optima Yellow Top AGM Batteries – The Ultimate in Performance, perfect for your high performance Nissan GTR.

One we fitted to a GTR:

To place you order for next day delivery please call or email us.

£160 + postage/ Free fitting

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Fitted on mine and still satisfied with the starting power after 3 years.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Silly question, but do you guys think the dimensions would be suited to fitting in an R32?

Also, are these standard post or Jap post?

Ready to buy if these will fit.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
They fit an R32 GTR without any problems. Just less hand space around that area!
That looks like the YTR37 they are offering and that's a good price if it is.

·
Registered
249 Posts
They fit an R32 GTR without any problems. Just less hand space around that area!
That looks like the YTR37 they are offering and that's a good price if it is.
Sticker in the picture says YTR2.7J on it. Chris, can you confirm this is the model you're selling?

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Wasn't paying attention to the photos as such!
Hope they do the newer one as it holds more capicity.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
We sell these yes and the YTR2.7 (Non Js)

Is this what you are after?
Yeah, it should work for my R32 I'd imagine. But I need the reverse post arrangement, but need standard, non-jap size posts as I've changed the terminal connections a while back to fit standard posts.

205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Whats the difference J and non J's? thanks
The J stands for Jap style terminals (small skinny posts) but terminal converters can be supplied with these so either or will work fine. We have stock of both.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
The J stands for Jap style terminals (small skinny posts) but terminal converters can be supplied with these so either or will work fine. We have stock of both.
thanks, whats the warranty on these batteries?

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Got mine ordered and delivered, just needs to be fitted now.. thanks [email protected], a pleasure to deal with.. battery as per picture, with the positive terminal on the right.

205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got mine ordered and delivered, just needs to be fitted now.. thanks [email protected], a pleasure to deal with.. battery as per picture, with the positive terminal on the right.
Not a problem, Pleasure to do business with you Chronos.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just ordered one of these from Chris @ AutoTorque as well. Had all the answers I wanted, pleasure to do business with, and super smooth transaction. Look forward to any future business I might do with them. :smokin:

Thanks Chris!

-Doug

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
bump for a GREAT battery!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Yes. Had one in my old R33, seen them in R34's & had one in my current R32 ;)
You will need to relocate them though as on the R33 the battery tray & position is too small.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts