GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone else has been given the Shell Optimax promo thingy. you have to collect the cars on little cards, if you get five of one type you can enter the draw to win 50K's worth of car from the motor show.

sounds like we should pool resources on this and see what we can win.

anyone else interested ?

/Steve

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not a bad idea!!!!!

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
Optimax!

Sounds good to me,

Maybe a couple of polls to keep track of No.s of each vehicle?
Just a thought.

Matt.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Good idea steve

I agree Steve, good idea this one, I got some of those cards when I filled up last Saturday, I was going to chuck them away, I won't now though !!

I can't see me getting too many of those though, as the closest Shell station to me is in Southend which is about 11 miles away, still, a 22 mile round trip for fuel is always a good excuse to go for a blast in my Skyline !! Espically now that I am using Optimax I am noticing the difference even in my non-turbo GTS !!

I will collect the cards also from now on !

Shaun. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good Plan!!!

I shall now hang on to them or should I say I shall now actually be bothered to get them at the station.

Must say though that stuff does make difference dunnit? or is just a head thing like going to the Docs feelin shit, him saying you are fit as a fiddle and coming out feeling like that after having no treatment what so ever?

Ignore me Im off on one, So let me know how we are going to work this scam then.

Chris

·
Registered
239 Posts
Been reading smallprint!!

You can send a stamped addressed envelope to the promoters for a free set of "no purchase necessary" cards. They will allow one set per week, per household!!

If we all sent for a free set per week per household, I think we might get somewhere - as well as the cards we get from fuel! That means 3 sets of cards per week in my house alone.

Caroline

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Durzel...

Are you sure it is 20 miles to nearest Garage?
Have you checked the shell website on location of the nearest garage?
Go to www.shell.com, then click on the Optimax sign (fish) and use the locater link: "where can I find it"

Maybe this will help you find that nearer station.

Nick

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Actually, there's one in Bath apparently which is about 10 miles from me :D I didn't know about that one before checking today, thanks Nick! :smokin:

·
Registered
201 Posts
400 miles a week

I'm in for this one should have a full set in no time. how we going to work it ??

cheers

Iain

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dunno how to work it quite...

seems to be more of a chance if we work co-operatively.
There are a couple of options.. if we were to win we just sell the car and split the money. Or if we get something nice we have it on a timeshare style basis, or just for track day use.

Or the proceeds go to the GTR register for a track day/event fund...

any Ideas.... ?

/Steve

·
Registered
253 Posts
Right, I have my first six cards, My understanding is that if you get all 18 you have won, one of 5 50k prizes. Spose this means that there are only five of a certain car out there.

what I have ro date is

MGTF160 - tarts car
Skoda Octavia RS - What!!!!!!
Lexus SC430 - nowt to write home about
Lexus GS430 - Owld mans motor
Ambra - fck knows what that is
Cebera Speed Twelve - mmm, but it dont corner to good.

Chris

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sad I know but I now have the Crossfire Coupe, Maserati Coupe, Grand Cherokee, another Fkn Skoda but this is superb apparently.

spares at the mo are MGTF and the Skoda Octavia RS.

Ive ad a thought why not if we cant win this thing lets keep our cards get 50 thousand people to put a pound in. Play top trumps to the death and hopefully the winner will be one of us cos the odds are in our favor then get the money and buy 50k worth of ale and av one big piss up.

cheers

Chris

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
CJ68

Been and filled up!

Looking at the ones you have and the ones I have, all we need are;

1. Maserati Spyder
2. Toyota Celica T sport
3. Noble M12
4. Ferrari 575M Maranello

Keep searching, half a £50K car is better than nothing!

Matt.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Optimax

Hi There
Not to put a downer on this thread but myGTS25t runs like its on 95ron on Optimax, Super plus unleaded makes mine come to life. This might sound strange but true, anyone else experienced this?

Calv:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the Celica T Sport but

I suspect this is not a hard one to find.

I also have the Tuscan S (anyone else have this?).

Suspect the 575M and M12 will be the difficult one....

Chri

1 - 20 of 46 Posts