GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys....

Right, well Ive done my first 1,000 odd miles and got my car back last night from its optimiation... I also had the Y pipe fitted which sounds bril!!!

Might sound like a right wimp here but did you all go hell for leather straight away? lol (when safe to do so of course!)

I couldn't wait to get the first optimisation out the way but now its all done I'm now wary as hell off putting my put straight down!

Suppose after saving up, waiting 18 months etc I don't want to damaged my new baby! lol

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
You can't damage her by going fast!!!! The thing that damages this car (and any other) is when you hit something!!! LOL

Seriously, the car is bullet proof, so get out there and use it!! I mean that’s what you bought it for (just covered 10k in mine and loving it!!!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers steve...

Just love it so much I s**t myself! lol

Its what I brought it for though, driving!!! so best get my act together and enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
600 miles and i was using the full rev range, as per running in instructions.

Get the beast redlined ffs, it loves it, the harder the better. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(Hey Sin, I full intention off PM'ing you over the weekend but i had a fire at my work, lost a LOAD of stock buddy so it was a nightmare)

As for being a wimp, its over now im gonna see what she can do! lol

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
(Hey Sin, I full intention off PM'ing you over the weekend but i had a fire at my work, lost a LOAD of stock buddy so it was a nightmare)

As for being a wimp, its over now im gonna see what she can do! lol
Np m8, hope everythings ok at work. With regards to the car, now the fun really begins. It beggars belief what this thing can do on country roads.

·
Registered
142 Posts
LOL.

Hi AdamL,

I was like you initially a bit of a "wimp" haha!!, but soon got beyond that stage and lo -behold the smile became larger and larger and the adrenalin rush unfortunatley less and less.
I think time for Ben and his majic potion.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The acceleration itself is not all that scary, its when you arrive at a corner a lot faster than you had expected and you eyes widen a little.

It feels like a long time ago now, my first time:bawling: :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think second gear full 'R' mode and gently feed the throttle in half way around a "secluded" roundabout and feel it slide that will put a massive smile on your face....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Guys, stop it....I can't take it anymore....still only up to 300 miles.....need to pile on a lot more but car only 1 week old today....can't wait to let rip :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers guys - I just need it to stop bloody raining now!

Up here in the North West it hasnt given us a dry day yet since I picked it up 10 days odd ago

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
So, are we going to see you guys at the next weekender?

Same formula; road drive, track day, couple of nights away staying at a great inn!

We have a spring option based around Spa and there is talk of a jolly to Stelvio and northern Italy too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts