GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the ideal settings for wheel alignment for normal to fast road driving?

Please fellas your advice is appreciated,what do I ask for?:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I've had both Track and road settings are honestly couldnt tell any difference.

Considering the traction available with the road setup, and the chance of increased tyre wear with the track setting, me, I'd stick with what you have.

·
Registered
816 Posts
When my car when for optimisation I spoke with the technician and he said that the difference is so small He couldn't see the tyres wearing that much faster anyway.

I opted for somewhere inbetween the two settings.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rich001

What was your original setting and did you feel any difference in the drive on your in between setting?

Thanks KK

·
Registered
288 Posts
Really all we're asking here is how much camber to dial in and that's it right? And we're talking about a difference of 0.25 of a degree aren't we?

What are the camber differences between road and track?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Road = -1.3 degrees vs track -1.6 degrees I recall.

I cannot see 0.3 degrees making a difference in either grip or wear.

I went from -1.5 to -3.5 on my GT2 and that made a big diff, but I think a stock GTR can only go to around -2.0deg unless you lower the car on aftermarket suspension.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Road = -1.3 degrees vs track -1.6 degrees I recall.
They are really strange camber figures. I wonder how they arrived at 1.3 instead of 1.25. Normally with camber you work by .25 of a degree at a time.

Unless they are in degrees and minutes? In which case it's actually -1.5 deg and -2.0 deg, but I've never seen anyone write 1.6 and mean 2!

I think I'll just stick to the basic road setting. If I track it, I'll go out on the standard road settings and then look at the tyre core temperatures once I'm pushing the car. If the outsides are running way hotter then I might book in for some extra camber.

·
Registered
938 Posts
if you ask then the engineer will come on a drive with you with his laptop and set up the clutch settings to your liking for free. this is the only opportunity you'll get to do it for free but if you don't ask you won't get!

·
Registered
290 Posts
if you ask then the engineer will come on a drive with you with his laptop and set up the clutch settings to your liking for free. this is the only opportunity you'll get to do it for free but if you don't ask you won't get!

I am only 350 miles in but I am happy the way the gearbox responds, it creeps slightly at idle, hill start assist is excellent much better than my M3 SMG2. Anything else I should be looking for in my wish list??

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I am only 350 miles in but I am happy the way the gearbox responds, it creeps slightly at idle, hill start assist is excellent much better than my M3 SMG2. Anything else I should be looking for in my wish list??
does it reverse up an incline?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx Axolotl

Too late already been for optimisation saw yor message afterwards.

Just have to see how it goes now, need to for a good blast now the shackles are off!!
The weather was too foul today plenty of standing water on the roads.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Just on case anyone else reads this I'm not sure many people know that Nissan say any wheel alignment changes require the car to have full tanks of fuel.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Good point you made there WoREod, I must ensure we are full of the V stuff when I go in on the 13th.

·
Registered
290 Posts
No problems reversing up an incline. Having come from M3 SMG I normally forget about hill assist and just use handbrake or left foot on brake. So far quite impressed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts