GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im living in the UK for at least 3 more years and I own an almost completely stock R32 GT-R. I may have to take it back to US with me when I leave here and have heard a few horror stories of people having their cars denied at the port due to over modification and then not being considered the "original car".

So my question is what is the simplest way to alter the ECU (ref lash,replace with another unit, piggy back etc) to have it optimized for UK petrol and free up any HP as well without making a big mess of the wiring or having to alter the vehicle in any way? or the least altering I guess would be a better way to put it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but where to get one thats been optimized for petrol here in the UK and freeing up the extra ponies to swap out?

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
You seem to already know the answer. A piggyback unit would perhaps be the easiest answer or even a premodded ECU.

I'd go for something which plugs into the OEM loom with no mods.

You are more than welcome to my Nistuned OEM ECU. It might need a little tweaking if your spec doesn't match what it's set-up for (mostly stock with decat/exhaust and Apexi filters). It's in the original case so you'd just plug it in and go. When you come to ship the car you could replace the OEM ECU and sell the Nistuned unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts