GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I wonder if my HPC doesn't take care about my order or Nissan really doesn't know it's production...
I ordered my car in May 2008.
My delivery date was brought forward to September/October 2009.
But it is like that (according to my HPC) since January this year...
I have NO specific data, cannot get the specific date, even the specific week. When are the cars produced and shipped (1 month prior to delivery, 2 months, 3 months...)? If my delivery months are Sept/October, then my car should be produced soon I suppose...
Is it possible that Nissan still doesn't know my specific production/shipping/delivery dates or my HPC just doesn't care...I just cannot believe that! I should at least know the specific month (will it be Spetember or October)
It is essential for me to know the date asap, cause I don't live in Germany and I will have to buy the plane ticket and I don't want it to happen that I cannot pick my car cause I cannot get a free seat in the plane...:blahblah:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Guys,

I wonder if my HPC doesn't take care about my order or Nissan really doesn't know it's production...
I ordered my car in May 2008.
My delivery date was brought forward to September/October 2009.
But it is like that (according to my HPC) since January this year...
I have NO specific data, cannot get the specific date, even the specific week. When are the cars produced and shipped (1 month prior to delivery, 2 months, 3 months...)? If my delivery months are Sept/October, then my car should be produced soon I suppose...
Is it possible that Nissan still doesn't know my specific production/shipping/delivery dates or my HPC just doesn't care...I just cannot believe that! I should at least know the specific month (will it be Spetember or October)
It is essential for me to know the date asap, cause I don't live in Germany and I will have to buy the plane ticket and I don't want it to happen that I cannot pick my car cause I cannot get a free seat in the plane...:blahblah:

Bit of both?

You could look at the password protected area on the Nissan website called "your GT-R" "where you will be kept informed of the progress of your car and the anticipated delivery schedule", or perhaps the "concierge services management" where "as well as keeping customers fully up to date with all things GT-R and the status of their order, the Concierge Service will also coordinate the exclusive customer GT-R events". (taken from Nissan press release of 4 March 2008) LOL

I dont think its just your HPC - I think we are all in the dark. The website has never really worked from day one; its currently off line and has been for months; the Concierge Service appears to be contracted out by Nissan and they dont have any information from Nissan; my dealer never phones, writes or emails, but I suspect that they have no information to pass on anyway. I get the impression that they are swamped delivering and servicing all the other cars before mine. I'm half expecting a phone call in September or October letting me know that my GT-R will be ready to pick up the following week. I dont know what more to expect.

At the outset, I thought the ordering process could be very efficient - ordering via the net, only a few HPCs in the country, watching progress of the car, etc. It was a good idea, but it hasnt worked. I really dont have any expectations now.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I went to my HPC last Saturday.

I was told to expect my car (as one of the first Sat Navs) early September.

He said he'd look through the paperwork and let me know for sure this week. To be honest, i'm not that fussed about an exact day 2 months away, as these guys have a business to run in what are tough times.

FWIW I walked out the HPC on Sat with a great big smile on my face after spending an hour with my dealer. Thing is, i couldn't have asked for any more. I accept that he's still got to look after the woman that bought a 2nd hand Micra last week etc.

Having done my degree in Management - what little i can remember of it - one aspect was the Japanese efficiency and precision in manufacturing proceses, so i'm guessing against this backdrop things don't look great. But since April 08 i've been told Sept 09, so i guess i'm one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Some dates from my order:

* Ordered Aug 2008
* Confirmation last week that delivery date on system is 9th Dec 2009 but this tends to vary by +/- 30 days
* Confirmation from Mill Hill Nissan (UK) that no more changes possible on order from the end of this month

My Nissan HPC has been good at confirming dates on system but always added caution that these are not firm dates and just indicative.

Whatever happens, I plan to pay for the car this year (as its going to be built this year) to benefit from the current lower VAT rate before the increase in 2010.

Prashan

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I at least now that the changes on my vehicle are also not possible anymore...
You see, my HPC didn't notify me on that for example...
Is your car SatNav or NonSatnav?
If you have the exact date now, than I should certainly have mine too... (as I ordered it 3 months before you...)
Oh dear Nissan...

·
Premium Member
263 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
So, I at least now that the changes on my vehicle are also not possible anymore...
You see, my HPC didn't notify me on that for example...
Is your car SatNav or NonSatnav?
If you have the exact date now, than I should certainly have mine too... (as I ordered it 3 months before you...)
Oh dear Nissan...
Mines a SAT NAV car..but please bear in mind the dealer has warned me the dates are still likley to change.

Prashan

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am with HPC in Düsseldorf but I am actually not blaming my HPC...
I am blaming Nissan cause the guy I am contacting with in my HPC (and he seems really nice) only reads and tells me what he finds in their official database...
I know that dates are likely to change but it could be due to the transport, customs etc...
I am sure that the GTR production will certainly NOT change, and that Nissan knows exactly when each GTR we ordered will be produced one year in advance and they in factory don't know just the date but probably the exact minute!
They just don't care enough about the customers!
I remember when they were advertising that we will be able to watch our production progress, to see when each step will be done...Yes sure!!!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I remember when they were advertising that we will be able to watch our production progress, to see when each step will be done...Yes sure!!!
I remember that too, but had the economy and especially car manufaturer's fortunes not taken such a hit in the past year, i'm sure we would have had that facility.
But it's kinda hard to justify the spend on such an IT system (or even website) when guys are losing their jobs, factories closing etc.

Or at least that's how i keep myself placated. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts