GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,
Has anyone ordered any parts from Stillen, in America ?. Im after some of the mudflaps/stoneguards, for the GT-R, but ive never odrered anything from abroad before. Im a bit wary of giving C card details in an E Mail as well, so can anyone educate me, as to the best way to go about it ?. Ive fired over a mail to them this morning, so will see what happens, regards, SIMON.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I'd call them with card details, too risky sending card details plain text across T'internet.

And expect some import fees, usually VAT is chargable at the standard rate as a minimum. The courier will probably expect a cheque on delivery for the duty/VAT payment.

Anders

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
quite expensive shipping, then lots of tax and charges at our end

for the front splitter it worked out nearly twice the cost to get it landed in the UK

Payment and everything was fine

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK Guys,
Thanks very much. Its a pity nobody in the UK makes these stoneguards, they look very subtle, and i think they would work well.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Tried to order their front splitter. Forwarding costs where an absolute joke (around 500 dollars I remember)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A quick update chaps. I received an answer from my E mail to them this morning, and they have asked for my full address, so they can get a full price, for parts and shipping to me. Payment will be through Paypal, so will wait and see, just what price they come up with. I think i must be a bit behind the times here, because its the first time, i have E mailed someone abroad, and, got an answer, and i thought i was down with the kids :clap::D, regards, SIMON.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Simon,

I've been around the forum for a few years, and now I work at STILLEN.

Shipping to the UK can be expensive, even on the small items. The large items like the splitters,and skidplates are very expensive. Light, but dimensionally large. Unfortunately, we can't control the shipping costs, and it kills a lot of deals for me.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simon,

I've been around the forum for a few years, and now I work at STILLEN.

Shipping to the UK can be expensive, even on the small items. The large items like the splitters,and skidplates are very expensive. Light, but dimensionally large. Unfortunately, we can't control the shipping costs, and it kills a lot of deals for me.
Thanks for the replys Tyndago,
I think you have a great product with these mud/stone flaps. I can see they will save at least some gravelrash, down the side skirts, and rear bumper bottom. Will see about ordering them, in the very near future, regards, SIMON.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts