GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys,

I know that most of you are itching to hear more about this product, and it seems that is has been released.

My tuning shop (DRM) was kind enough to give me the official flyers he received for it, and I scanned it for you guys..

Check 'em out:
http://www.skylinepower.com/pages/products/os_giken/os_giken_transmission.jpg
http://www.skylinepower.com/pages/products/os_giken/os_giken_options.jpg

Chris (owner of DRM) says that he will sell it for about £4870 GBP, and that shipping to the UK should be a couple of hundred pounds. If you are interested in it, please call him or e-mail him (his info is on the top right hand corner of the scanned sheets).

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
OS Giken

Guy,

That is really interesting. Have you been able to get a translation of the text and all the 'accessories'.

Does this replace an R34 gearbox, or do you still require an R33 transfer box and driveshaft.....?

Guy

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Guy,

Honestly, I don't know, however I have heard a rumour (just a rumour, not fact!) that the OS Giken Sequential is sold *with* the transfer case from OS Giken...

If this is true, then that should theoretically solve all the R34's compatability problems..

Please let me get back to you guys on that.

UPDATE: Chris says that he will get a reply from Japan soon. I will postit as soon as he notifies me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
OS Sequential

Hello everyone
Having done a bit of casual investigation on the new OS transmission, I managed to get the following info so far;
1. Not currently for the 34 - doesnt come with a transfer box, so if you want to fit in a 34, will need 33/32 transfer and propshafts too (Glen will know about the mechanics of that, as will Mark)
2. Ratios are 2.609/1.934/1.521/1.210/1.000/0.852
3. Rated to take 1500hp
4. list price Y928,000 (about £5000 currently), so landed UK cost should be around £6k+vat, including shipping and duties.
5. Various options are available including a crossmember Y50,000

As far as I can see there must be a plan to offer something for the 34, because there is a clutch bearing listed for the 34, and its suggested that the crossmember should be used if mounted in a 34. No doubt the story will unfold further, as we approach the 'Auto Salon' season
Thats about as far as I have got so far.
Tim

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: OS Sequential

tim at svs said:
I managed to get the following info so far;
1. Not currently for the 34 - doesnt come with a transfer box, so if you want to fit in a 34, will need 33/32 transfer and propshafts too (Glen will know about the mechanics of that, as will Mark)
2. Ratios are 2.609/1.934/1.521/1.210/1.000/0.852
3. Rated to take 1500hp
4. list price Y928,000 (about £5000 currently), so landed UK cost should be around £6k+vat, including shipping and duties.
5. Various options are available including a crossmember Y50,000

As far as I can see there must be a plan to offer something for the 34, because there is a clutch bearing listed for the 34, and its suggested that the crossmember should be used if mounted in a 34. No doubt the story will unfold further, as we approach the 'Auto Salon' season
Thats about as far as I have got so far.
Tim
Um, OK.. all that info is listed in the two links I posted above... (you did click on the links right...?)

http://www.skylinepower.com/pages/p...ransmission.jpg
http://www.skylinepower.com/pages/p...ken_options.jpg

And, as far as the price is concerned, it's £4870 + shipping (300ish?) + whatever taxes you may have to pay when it arrives in the UK (VAT, basically).

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Bit of translation (thanks Kazuro):

1. OS Giken transmission sales points
a) Cross mission ratio to maximise RB26DETT power
b) Dog link structure which ensure for the reliable shift change (less miss shift) and extention of gear shaft center to 88mm
c) 1500hp durability according to careful selection of the material and precise build up by skillful engineers.

2. Transmission optional parts
a) Release bearing set
b) Adjustable fork kit
c) Mission main bar for more road clearance
d) Clutch centering tool
e) Exclusive mission oil designed for OS Giken transmission

3. Cam sprocket
Machined aluminum with abrasion resistance coating and adjustable function of the angle.

4. Transmission center plate
Machined light aluminum abrasion resistance coating with high durability and strength

·
Registered
212 Posts
thanks Andre

Well done Andre , translators are so handy arent they!
Getting back to the costings , lets say its £4870, ex works
Cyprus, then ''shipping'' maybe £250, maybe £300 judging by
the above its a bit ambiguous, so thats £5170, then add import duty roughly 10% = £5170+£517 = £5687, then add local clearance and delivery (customs clearance, handling, UK delivery)
might be £100~£150 depends on who you use, so we are up to £5837, still plus Vat. On Friday the exhange rate sterling to yen would have meant we could have matched that and anyway its only £163 adrift from my original estimate. Mind you, I'm sure mine didnt come with the transfer box, and if 'our' one arrives damaged, its down to us as we are here in the UK

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tim,

I am not trying to engage in a price war.
Actually, I'm just trying to help out fellow GT-R owners. I make nothing (read: Zero) out of this (in fact, my job has nothing to do with cars even).. and besides it's quite well known that I have a Holinger Transmission.

It's just that this board seems to have a fascination with the OS Giken tranny, and I just want to help out as much as I can.

OS Giken do sell the transfer case, however as was pointed out it is an *extra*, and is not included for the price above. To perfrom a full installation of the OS Giken gearbox in an R34 GT-R you will
require a transfer case from an R33 (maybe R32 will do) and prop shafts.

BTW, I also have an e-manage with Nismo AFMs on an R33 :) However, I'm not in the UK.. so you like the setup?

·
Registered
212 Posts
oh good

Hello Guy
I wasnt trying to get into a war either. But I do think its important
for people to consider the facts when dealing with our market, and I had been purely trying to clear that up from the first instance. Please forgive me for that but I do find it rather tiresome when people who are not located in our market attempt to inform people as to actual costs on products, not necessarily knowing what is involved when the stuff gets here. So there we are let that be an end to that !
And yes I do like the set up, bolt on afms no modifications and capabilities as per the Z32's and the e-manage seems very user friendly to boot. Hopefully Henry will have more to say about the afms later in the week
Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts