GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have decided to change direction with my R32 GTR track car build and go for an R35.

Here I have for sale my OS Giken RB30 engine complete with cylinder head, Tomei cams, titanium followers and flywheel.

Supporting engine parts will be available once the engine has been sold.

1/4 mile terminal speeds were around 155 MPH, there are no dyno sheets, but to achieve this terminal speed on the 1/4 mile it needs around 950BHP.

Here is a video of what it feels like to drive an R34 with this engine on pump fuel. Click Here

Picture of the engine when fitted to the car

Picture of the engine just now

The turbo kit, inlet manifold with throttle bodies, clutch and dry sump system will be available separately once the engine has been sold.

The engine was built and maintained by RB Motorsport and is ready to be used.

Price £15,000

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
:-( if only this came up a month ago id of had it, but bought a R35 darn it.

Good luck with the sale

Graham

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
This is one serious engine so much work went into building it. Bet there must be 100+ man hrs of labour.
It will run big power I should know as my engine was the same and mine could do low 8s

Keith

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is another picture that shows the front of the engine.

The eagle eyed will notice a bespoke front subframe and suspension that will also be for sale with my race prepped shell.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
So many of you buying R35's ?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
What a beast that engine is.

I wish I had an R34 to put it in.

In the video the R34 looks like much more fun to drive than a R35!!!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am gutted that I went for an overly complicated design for my R32 which has been too difficult to find someone to complete, leading to the sale of the engine with all the supporting parts to follow.

You can see in the video how fast my R34 was with this engine and a completely standard interior.

Last time out it was 10th overall at TOTB.

The lightweight R32 I was building would have been so much faster than the R34, also with E85 it would have had much more power, so would have been even more devastatingly fast than before.

Easily a match for the current crop of fast cars at TOTB etc.

·
Registered
781 Posts
this is sad to hear hugh , higher spec than what i have planned but a good price

GLWS

(what's happening with the 32 chassis?)

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So many of you buying R35's ?
Steve,

I would much preferred to have finished the car than be buying an R35, however I was unable to make it happen.

What a beast that engine is.

I wish I had an R34 to put it in.

In the video the R34 looks like much more fun to drive than a R35!!!
GTRNICK,

You are right, the engine was exhilarating to drive in a road car.

My R32 GTR is fully lightened and strengthened, so would have been much more fun to drive than most R35's are.

You was running nitrous at totb wasn't you Hugh?
Rich,

The car was using optimax in the Video, I did run a detonation resistant fuel at TOTB, but have never run Nitrous.

At TOTB, The car struggled with fuel surge, which would not be a problem with the fuel cell in my R32 GTR.

I have now fully pressure mapped the injectors that can be sold with the engine so that the ECU can be programmed to compensate for any variation in fuel pressure.
I did not have this sorted when I last ran the car, but is sorted now.

this is sad to hear hugh , higher spec than what i have planned but a good price

GLWS

(what's happening with the 32 chassis?)
Lewis,

You are right, I am truly gutted, but have to move on.

I will be selling all the parts that were intended for the car, Diff's carbon prop, OS Giken sequential gearbox. I had also planned and have bought the parts for an air shifter system to use with the gearbox.

There are also carbon brakes fitted to the R32 GTR.

The inlet manifold on the engine is also fitted with a fly by wire throttle body, it has been down to Motec for testing and approval and is now ready to use.

Fly by wire allows the engine to have anti-lag and throttle blip for down changes.

This is undoubtedly a quality package and a unique opportunity for someone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts