GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all those that want a close up view of the new OS Giken sequential, I've scanned in an article from a recent Japanese magazine (Club Skyline Vol. 12) that had a small feature on it. Check out the following link:

http://home.att.ne.jp/omega/hipogtr/gallery/cat3/OSGSEQGB.jpg

Here are the translated facts in the article:

1) The kit is rated for 1500hp and uses specially treated dog rings.

2) Gear ratios in the current release are as follows: 2.609 / 1.934 / 1.521 / 1.210 / 1.000 / 0.852

Note, the current drag gear ratios are optimized for 2.6 - 2.7ltr displacement engines but OS Giken will be designing more combinations of ratios (eg. for the RB30 kit OS produces, etc.).

3) The kit comes with either a Type 1 or Type 2 neutral lock function. The Type 1 is for race use and prevents you going into neutral while the Type 2 is for street use and allows you to go into neutral from any gear.

4) Shift speed has been tested down to 0.1 second under flat out acceleration shifting (ie. no accelerator lift off).

5) A shift position indicator is included in the kit.

6) Price is Yen 928,000 uninstalled.

There is no mention of the specific models (R32, R33 or R34) that the kit is designed for. Consequently, there is still some hope for those with an R34 looking for an alternative to the R33 setup.

Hope this helps.

Cya O!

[Edit: For new link to pic]

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
OSG

Sounds good.

What we also need to know is whether this gearset was designed to fit into a stock casing (R33 or R34) or whether is comes with a custom casing?

Guy

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Nice one Gio!

Strange they didn't mention any specific info on what models it can be used for. I have a feeling that its only for R32 & R33:(

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Boxes

Phil,

The Hollinger requires an R32 transfer box, is more expensive and Ronnie just broke his, so it's not that strong.

Always worth evaluating alternatives.

I have been in several GTRs with Hollingers, so am very familiar with them.

Guy

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
What are the main issues(apart form cost) of using an R32 transfer box with the Hollinger? I assume the internals are the same? Or will it mess up final & LSD ratios....any ideas??

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Summed up perfectly Andre

Now where was we, oh yes OS Gieken Sequential.

Hipo. Have you heard any road/track reports on these.

glen

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Oh OK

thats what it is - Thought I was wrong - anyway - you didnt answer regarding ronnies cusco diff - is it OK or did it go crunch

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Cusco Diff

I seriously don't know if he's Cusco or not?

The reason why the Holinger went is still under debate but I'm interested to know.

Are you going Elvington next week ?

glen

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Cusco

Oh OK let us know then as Norris reaks Cusco diffs - perhaps this is why it failed further down the line - thought yo wouldnt have known if he had one or not - let us know then

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Elvington

Are you going?

No Ronnie would have said to me if he'd had changed 'em. I just thought you knew something I didn't.

glen

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
York

Not sure yet - I dou t it as I have a stressful week next week - if i find I have the ti e and can get there then yes ut I dou t it as its the sa e distance and a long way to go

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
James....you are not in the wrong at all mate!! In fact you are spot on!! This must be the hundredth thread that has been ruined by pointless posts!! I personally really get bothered when such a good and informative thread gets taken completely off track by off topic discussions on stuff that is totally not related to the subject. For the love of God lets give it a rest and talk about tuning!! This is the TUNING SECTION....so if you want to talk/discuss/bitch fight about things that dont interestd 99% of the members of this board take it to the NON-SKYLINE RELATED CHAT!!

Sorry if I come off as being a prick ....but you have to agree that this is happening a bit too often these days!! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts