GTR Forum banner

OS Giken Twin Plate assembly guide/pics

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  blubox 
#1 ·
Anyone got a guide/set of pics to putting an OS Giken twin plate back together. Regards front cover torque settings (found differences from 30-40 flbs) and plate direction? I beleive staggered would be correct but I'm also talking without the clutch in front of me so may be talking crap (not a first time).

Anyone got any helpful info having already google'd and site searched with minimal info.

Cheers

#5 ·
i thought it was 1st piece flywheel then 1st clutch disc, with the protruding spring side facing the flywheel then the 1st of the 2 clutch plates then the 2nd clutch disc with the prodtruding spring side facing the pressure plate (opposite to the first), then 2nd clutch plate in the same slots as the first, (as the cut outs are for balance. as far as i'm aware it will not work properly if the plates are staggered.) finally the pressure plate. Thats how it is supposed to be.
i will however stand corrected.

Hope this helps

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.