GTR Forum banner
361 - 380 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
This is the most hilarious to and fro since the inception of the internet !
Rob, don`t know why you even get involved here bud. Nothing to prove really..:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
This is the most hilarious to and fro since the inception of the internet !
Rob, don`t know why you even get involved here bud. Nothing to prove really..:popcorn:
Robs just bringing a little life back to the forum!
This sort of thing happened every day with **** b, tweenie, glen, etc etc! It was great! Due to Facebook and everything else the forums lost a little life over the years!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lol, no.

Please tell your new biggest fan he's still not quite getting the point.

The complete motor he continues to refer back to for comparison WAS NOT one of mine, just the bottom end which we all agree has very little to do with the way it performs or the power it makes.
This comments makes me think what's the point of the rb 30 all together. Most people who buy the rb30 more than likely bolt them up to the head of there 2.6 so if there's no gains there's no point.

I understand the fact that if you have a completely wrecked engine and your thinking of buying a 2.8 stroker you could build a nitto rb32 anyway although nengun are doing some excellent deals on the tomei stroker kits at the moment.
The bottom end from one RB30 to another RB30 doesn't effect how much power it makes. (How much power it can take is another story)

The bottom end from a RB30 will make more power than one of a RB26 if both have heads suited to the stroke/cc thanks to the more cc.

Any engine can and will perform poorly if the head/headwork is not ideal.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Mr Combat didn't your RB30 break after you sold it? I may be wrong but iam sure it was the one you so called built:chuckle:
And your point is?

My RB30 also broke on the dyno because the bloke mapping it ran it too lean. It suffered from det and needed a set of pistons. That's not a craftsmanship issue, it's an issue with tuning knowledge. Interestingly, I spend almost 40 hours fine tuning it and I never had an issue with it.

This is about as relevant as someone crashing it after I sold it.

Snigger snigger snigger.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The bottom end from one RB30 to another RB30 doesn't effect how much power it makes. (How much power it can take is another story)

The bottom end from a RB30 will make more power than one of a RB26 if both have heads suited to the stroke/cc thanks to the more cc.

Any engine can and will perform poorly if the head/headwork is not ideal.
That's what we said very early on in this thread but some people just cannot grasp that concept. An engine is as powerful as the most constrained element. Whether that be injector size, AFM size, port size, cam lift, cam duration, turbo exhaust housing size, etc. the list goes on. A bigger cc engine has the potential to make more power if it can breath. It really is that bloody simple.

·
Registered
494 Posts
That's what we said very early on in this thread but some people just cannot grasp that concept. An engine is as powerful as the most constrained element. Whether that be injector size, AFM size, port size, cam lift, cam duration, turbo exhaust housing size, etc. the list goes on. A bigger cc engine has the potential to make more power if it can breath. It really is that bloody simple.
+1 There but some keyboard bashers can't understand simple

·
Registered
3,585 Posts

nail on head there andy, all I did was changed my turbine housing (against advice aswell of it potentially just creating lag and no gain) and the motor came to life making more power off boost and over 100hp more on boost at the same boost level with virtually no extra lag except for pulling away first gear ! the turbine housing was a massive restriction and was limiting the motors performance everywhere.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
heres a direct comparison rb30 to rb34 same principle applies

RB34DET Results

RB34DET 'vs' RB30DET

The RB30DET boost and power curve is in green and the RB34DET is in red.

A comparison between the old RB30DET engine and the new RB34DET stroker engine is complete. The two engines are identical in every way except for the new 95mm stroker crank set up. The purpose of building two near identical engines was the only real way to make a true comparison between a RB30/25 and a RB34/25. The identical set ups consisted of the same ( turbo, boost, cams, cam timing, plenum, exhaust, exhaust manifold etc etc ).

We arent trying to make the most power or we wouldnt be using pump fuel and a medium frame old school T04Z, we are making a comparison.

The results speak for themselves:
• boost is coming on earlier
• power is coming on earlier and much stronger in the low to mid range
•more peak power on the same boost
• huge increase in low to mid range torque

my guess is now this data will be deemed innacurate for whatever reason lol

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Are they the same motor, same car, same bolt on's, same dyno with nothing changed except the bottom end?
no they aren't rob I had a bigger turbine housing, ported head, 10.3mm cams, port matched inlet I don't know head spec on other motor,

·
Registered
3,585 Posts

what on earth does that show except an f1 engine with millions spent in development makes similar hp to a bigger engine that has half the rpm range lol

rev the f1 engine to 9000 rpm the same as the nascar motor and compare results, the f1 engine wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding then lol ;)

a bigger motor will always make more power and more torque for more of the curve and that's what counts more useable power for more of the rev range.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Lol, no.

Please tell your new biggest fan he's still not quite getting the point.

The complete motor he continues to refer back to for comparison WAS NOT one of mine, just the bottom end which we all agree has very little to do with the way it performs or the power it makes.

This comments makes me think what's the point of the rb 30 all together. Most people who buy the rb30 more than likely bolt them up to the head of there 2.6 so if there's no gains there's no point.

I understand the fact that if you have a completely wrecked engine and your thinking of buying a 2.8 stroker you could build a nitto rb32 anyway although nengun are doing some excellent deals on the tomei stroker kits at the moment.
Exactly it is false economy as stroker kits are going at good prices these days from the likes of RHD and Nengun. The thing I do not like about the RB30 block the little benefit aside is the taller block and messing around with getting it to fit on something like a 32 and then having to make changes to pipe work etc. also from what I hear the RB26 head is not a straight fit again more machining and messing.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
also from what I hear the RB26 head is not a straight fit again more machining and messing.
That sums you up perfectly. With you, it's all about what you hear rather than what you know.

The head bolts straight on. However, feel free to argue the point. I'm sure you will.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
.....I'm still waiting for the scores of ex RB30 owners to tell me why they went back to a 26.....;)

I can't see what the big deal is, you get more torque, better response, more power and you don't need to rev the guts off it to get it with going to a larger capacity engine.....and all you have to change is the manifold, fit an adaptor plate on the sump, and trim a tiny bit of the bonnet frame.....small price to pay

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The engine is 25 years old and production stopped 12 years ago.
I can't see much demand for stroker kits.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I honestly don't know of anyone who has had a RB30 that would or has gone back to a 26.

If they were as rubbish as some are led to believe surely the 100s of people that were dumb enough to try a RB30 at least some of them would have found out how slow revving and under powered they were and would have gone back to a RB26 yet you NEVER hear of it, I for the life of me can't figure that one out. :chuckle:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
heres a direct comparison rb30 to rb34 same principle applies

Very strange, our comparison from RB26 to RB30 with no changes other than the block looks almost identical and as the "experts" pointed out, it is clear there are no gains to be had by doing nothing but increasing capacity and you can REALLY see it fall on its ass up top.............as you were..........

Where's the sarcastic smilie when you need it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I honestly don't know of anyone who has had a RB30 that would or has gone back to a 26.

If they were as rubbish as some are led to believe surely the 100s of people that were dumb enough to try a RB30 at least some of them would have found out how slow revving and under powered they were and would have gone back to a RB26 yet you NEVER hear of it, I for the life of me can't figure that one out. :chuckle:

:popcorn:
It's because they want to offload them to other people to recoup their money rob, it's a massive conspiracy theory where all rb30 owners know they've made a huge mistake and tell no one so they don't lose resale value :chuckle:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
It's because they want to offload them to other people to recoup their money rob, it's a massive conspiracy theory where all rb30 owners know they've made a huge mistake and tell no one so they don't lose resale value :chuckle:
Haha! Bugger you busted me! I sold mine and put a RB20 in it because capacity doesn't matter :chuckle:

361 - 380 of 407 Posts