GTR Forum banner

Oulton Park - R32 GTR 480bhp

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mambastu 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Nice driving. I wonder if the instructors ever get worried. They always seem relaxed with our antics!!
I noticed understeer on the final corner. My instructor said that trail braking but get the back to turn in a bit and stop the front end sliding....not that I ever got it right:D
I really should put my video up when I had to use loads of lock on Island bend in 4th gear to avoid using the grass. Paul West in the passenger seat was not impressed:D

#4 ·
LOL - that was me in the pass seat ! 'Try braking in a straight line next time!" No idea what happened behind Andy in the Impreza. Not sure if she was looking ahead and missed him braking and paniced when she saw it. She had plenty of room but I think she just moved out from behind him whilst braking which got things a bit unstable.

She did have an instructor at oulton on that day though. He was shouting "brake brake brake2... then "oh the car handles quite well"! He didnt expect a big heavy skyline to turn in at that speed.

Jaytee - An R32 at the spec in the vid is pretty much faster than most things at a normal trackday.

480bhp (at the time, 570 now), light weight - prob 1300kg, big brakes 356mm, suspension that costs about the same as a few trackcars :|

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.