GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone purchased an outdoor car cover for their R35 ?

I know the club do one, who is the manufacturer ?

Is there an OEM outdoor one ? ( I knoe there is an indoor one)

Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks very similar to the one I had for my CSL which was OEM. I've heard good things about classic additions

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
personally i wouldnt go for OEM you pay for what you get.

Could end up paying for another one shortly after as it ;

didnt fit.
wasnt made of decent material

My choice get the club merchandise its been tried and tested :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I too have the club version.
Easy to deal with and clearly does the job albeit after only 4 weeks ownership.

A friend has the same type for his integrale and I am sure that may 32/33/34 owners can also vouch.

AM

·
Registered
128 Posts
Quick question on this topic, what can be used to reduce the chances of this (The cover) being stolen? I've seen some covers in the states which lets you run a metal cable through the bottom of the cover which you can padlock at the end.. looked like a great idea to me.

·
Registered
872 Posts
The Nissan UK (Weathershield) one has reinforced plastic loops on the bottom at the sides for securing. My 350Z one also came with a padlock and nylon covered wire for securing, but the GT-R one did not come with the lock, just the stitched in fittings.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Nissan UK (Weathershield) one has reinforced plastic loops on the bottom at the sides for securing. My 350Z one also came with a padlock and nylon covered wire for securing, but the GT-R one did not come with the lock, just the stitched in fittings.
Any thoughts on cost for the GTR one?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've purchased the club one recently but I'm still waiting for it and for the car to arrive :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
When I picked up my car I had a browse through the accessories list and it reminded me that I should really buy an outdoor car cover. I was about to hand over my £316.25 (£275 + VAT) when I remembered that the club offer a car cover, so I decided to wait and investigate my options.

I seem to remember that there was a thread that discussed the club cover in some detail but I can't find it now. Also, the image link on this website isn't working. Does the club cover have any GT-R or GTROC branding on it, or is it just a plain cover like the Nissan Weathershield cover?

I know the club cover costs £165, which is almost half the price of the Nissan cover. Is the difference in cost simply because the Nissan product is official, or is there a difference in quality/features too.

Has anybody been able to compare both products from a fit, design, breathability, ease of attachment, security of attachment, waterproofing, etc. perspective? Or, if not, I'd still be interested to hear peoples' opinions on either product.

Ta.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've had both. The GTROC one I had was an early version and didn't fit well but I understand its shape has been modified since then.

I'd previously had a weathershield (which is the Nissan one) on my 350Z and am still happy with it. The elasticated fit is good and I haven't ever needed to use the under car securing cable to keep it on.

The supplier of the GTROC one offered to take mine back to modify it but as I didn't think the material was as good as the Nissan one and didnt like the underbody fastening (almost impossible to pass under the car) I asked for a refund.

I then bought the Nissan GT-R one and am happy with it, just like the 350Z one.

Whichever you get, just remember to let the car cool before putting it on. The GT-R gets very warm!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I have the GTROC one, which arrived 2 weeks ago. But i haven't had a chance to put it on the car yet. Will let you know what it's like in a few days. Although saying that i have nothing to compare it against.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The GTROC one I had was an early version and didn't fit well but I understand its shape has been modified since then.
That's useful info. Thanks very much. Can anybody from the club comment on any improvements to the cover (e.g. fit and fastening)? There doesn't seem to have been much discussion about it recently.
Whichever you get, just remember to let the car cool before putting it on. The GT-R gets very warm!
Do you mean there is a fire risk?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've had both. The GTROC one I had was an early version and didn't fit well but I understand its shape has been modified since then.

I'd previously had a weathershield (which is the Nissan one) on my 350Z and am still happy with it. The elasticated fit is good and I haven't ever needed to use the under car securing cable to keep it on.

The supplier of the GTROC one offered to take mine back to modify it but as I didn't think the material was as good as the Nissan one and didnt like the underbody fastening (almost impossible to pass under the car) I asked for a refund.

I then bought the Nissan GT-R one and am happy with it, just like the 350Z one.

I have GTROC cover basicly in the windy weather in late spring it was blowing every where, so off it went back to CA , took a bit of chasing to get it back but since I have had it back modified without charge, it has been fine and here are some pics.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have GTROC cover basicly in the windy weather in late spring it was blowing every where, so off it went back to CA , took a bit of chasing to get it back but since I have had it back modified without charge, it has been fine and here are some pics.
Thanks. Do you know if they incorporated these modifications into all new covers?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts