GTR Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
How easy to fit the cielo? I've been looking at that as well.

Also this one, Cover Your Car - Tailored and Fitted Car Covers Worldwide :: Nissan Fitted :: Nissan GT-R :: Nissan GT-R (R35) 2009 onwards ADVAN-TEX Outdoor Cover - Fully Fitted, made to order, Colour Choice ADVAN-TEX , similar but more layers, and you can add an alarm.
It's easy enough, but it's quite a firm crispy material, but soft at the same time. The water just beads off it. I ripped it slightly when I took it off, so they sent me a free repair patch so good support. One man can put it on and the buckles are easy to fit, good quality.

It does literally fit like a glove though. Mines under a car port, so this is just a protective layer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can you still buy the club one? I need one fairly soon so would be grateful if anyone knows where to get a really good outdoor one. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I bought the coveryourcar advan-tex one, think it's very good quality with great fitment. I am very pleased with it, it has handled strong winds and rain without any problems at all.

I would recommend it, but it's also the only one I have tried.

Not sure about the production time, could take a while to get it though.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Can you still buy the club one? I need one fairly soon so would be grateful if anyone knows where to get a really good outdoor one. Thank you.
x3 for sale below , with no wait time with coveryourcar, bUT they are the 2 tones ones, I'll attach a picture i got off them, when asking about them (see below picture)

Nissan GT-R (R35) Outdoor Custom Fitted & Fully Tailored, Custom Fit, Car Cover | eBay

I bought the coveryourcar advan-tex one, think it's very good quality with great fitment. I am very pleased with it, it has handled strong winds and rain without any problems at all.
I would recommend it, but it's also the only one I have tried.
Not sure about the production time, could take a while to get it though.
I have been looking at the advan-tex one a while ago, it looks the most thick out of the range, what colour did you go for and any pictures on the car? thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Only have one picture, from first time use. I have the light grey colour which I like.
The fitment was better once I tightened the straps and once it had been used for a couple if days. Unfortunate no picture from the side.

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some good information here. I purchased a car cover the seems to leave scratches on the car. I might invest in that Coveryourcar one! Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
I bought this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-GT-R-2009-onwards-Coupe-ExtremePRO-Outdoor-Car-Cover/252519791771?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Went for it as it has a fleece lining, which some others didn't seem to have. Very pleased, the soft lining just glides over the car when you put it on. Quite confident there will be no issues with it.

Good fit, 2 straps underneath with some additional eyelets for extra security. One of which at the front isn't covered so I'll put some material behind that as it's up against the front splitter.

My only negative to it is that it's a little tight from the front to the mirrors. Not sure if the CBA had a slightly shorter nose? I haven't had a chance to try it with the mirrors folded in yet to see if this can be improved. This isn't tight like it'll pull the mirrors off, just a bit more slack would be ideal to me.

Turned up in 2 days, I'd certainly recommend it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Has anyone got a link to the Club one? None of the links work, it says "Invalid page"

·
Registered
923 Posts
I bought this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-GT-R-2009-onwards-Coupe-ExtremePRO-Outdoor-Car-Cover/252519791771?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Went for it as it has a fleece lining, which some others didn't seem to have. Very pleased, the soft lining just glides over the car when you put it on. Quite confident there will be no issues with it.

Good fit, 2 straps underneath with some additional eyelets for extra security. One of which at the front isn't covered so I'll put some material behind that as it's up against the front splitter.

My only negative to it is that it's a little tight from the front to the mirrors. Not sure if the CBA had a slightly shorter nose? I haven't had a chance to try it with the mirrors folded in yet to see if this can be improved. This isn't tight like it'll pull the mirrors off, just a bit more slack would be ideal to me.

Turned up in 2 days, I'd certainly recommend it.
I've got a cover with a fleece lining, I only use it indoor though. There is a higher probability of getting dirt contaminating the fleece lining. If it slightly brushes my gravel drive it would pick dirt up.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've got a cover with a fleece lining, I only use it indoor though. There is a higher probability of getting dirt contaminating the fleece lining. If it slightly brushes my gravel drive it would pick dirt up.
Yeah, that's a fair point. It does run that risk if you're not careful I guess.

I'm still happier with that layer on my car rather than whatever the bare inside of other covers is though (not that I've seen others, I'm sure they're just as safe)

I'm sure all the good ones are fine, I don't mind being ultra careful that my lining is spotless when it goes on. But not everyone has the time to be so ocd;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
A friend had a cheap cover on his Porsche left it over winter, when he removed it his paint was blistered all over.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
So, if you have an outdoor cover, there's a pretty good chance the car is not in a garage. What do you do with the cover when using the car? Is it just a case of chucking it in the boot and of you go?
I also assume you can't put it back on if the car is wet?

·
Registered
596 Posts
If mine's wet it gets lobbed on the washing line, if it's dry it gets folded up. 2 person job to do it safely, which isn't going down too well!
I had to cover mine up when it was still a little wet, I really don't think you should though.
Uncovered it the next morning and it was like it had patches of condensation all over, not like that doesn't happen to an uncovered car but I would avoid it if I could.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Mine just gets folded up. It's difficult to get any contamination on the lining as nothing sticks too it. I don't put it on wet, so if I use the car in the wet it stays off. Suffice to say it hasn't been fitted now for weeks, but then my car lives under a car port, so no major issue. I had the cover on before I built the car port between March and May, when I removed it the car was pristine under neath, no condensation or anything, bone dry.

A month under the car port can get quite dusty, so prefer fitting the cover.

Will get another garage built for it soon, just need to decide if we're going to stay there though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Will get another garage built for it soon, just need to decide if we're going to stay there though.
Yeah I am in this dilemma too, especially as i'm probably at the ceiling for house prices down my road, it's not gonna increase the value too much, so difficult to justify the cost.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Defo worth spending the money on the multiple layer wool lined ones

Hamilton Classic do very high quality ones and can have them made with custom options too
(please excuse their naff website)

Tim 'Moff' Nicholas @ TMS Motorsport
Email us : [email protected]
TMS Motorsport - Parts for Motorsport and Tuning - Online Shop

10% OFF all website orders until the end of January 2018!

- We ship worldwide to your door, famous Brands such as -
- AP Racing - ASNU Injectors - HKS - Nitron - Mintex Pads -
- Turbosmart - Exedy Clutches - Deatschwerks - Cosworth -
- Pagid Pads - Japspeed - Direnza - and many more...

41 - 59 of 59 Posts