271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any good ones out there ? i will put the soft indoor one underneath it

thanks
john

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I've got a very expensive storm proof tailor made cover, can't remember the manufacturer offhand, but will dig out receipt later.
I would advise against using the indoor cover underneath , as it will prevent the outdoor cover from breathing and both covers will go mouldy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No room at the inn, so it's got to get parked outside for winter, so cover at least some protection, thot safe enuf with soft one underneath ??

·
Registered
173 Posts
Got mine from classic additions. Got the ultimate cover and it's been really good. Make sure it's strapped down well and it won't then move around even in high winds. I had no choice other than store outside too. Plenty on here will say don't bother and just regularly wash, but sometimes mines sat up for a couple of weeks, so it gets washed before the rover goes on and then it's clean still 2 weeks later rather than having to keep washing. Always wash before the cover goes on though otherwise dirt can be rubbed by the soft inner fabric causing tiny scratches.
Was told by classic additions 'don't' put indoor cover underneath though, as like others have said, you'll get damp build up between the covers and subsequent mould.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I can vouch for not putting a cover underneath your outdoor cover...everything gets soaking wet as there's no 'breathing' going on. I bought an expensive outdoor cover but try as I might, I couldn't stop it from marring my paint in certain areas. This year it's in a Carcoon.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Classic additions, great cover but scared to use it especially in high winds, just don't trust it rubbing on the paint, car must be totally clean too or you could get abrasive rubbing in the wind.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I bought the Nissan one as part of the pack with my car. Works well indoor and out. I bought the outdoor version since my underground car park is exposed to the elements.

I would be interested to know though how best to clean it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts