GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ooo Matron !
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another thing I can't find is something to display the outside temperature. Am I being a bit thick ? My crappy 11 year old bottom of range Clio shows me the outside temperature so surely a GTR will ?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Another thing I can't find is something to display the outside temperature. Am I being a bit thick ? My crappy 11 year old bottom of range Clio shows me the outside temperature so surely a GTR will ?
It will tell you if it's cold and therefore slippery but I'm not sure otherwise. Do you need it for any other reason or is it just a nice to have?

·
Ooo Matron !
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will tell you if it's cold and therefore slippery but I'm not sure otherwise. Do you need it for any other reason or is it just a nice to have?
I've seen the ice warning thing pop up once, so I know it does that. It's just I was tooling around yesterday and it was very hot so I wondered where the outside temperature was displayed - so yes, just a nice to have really.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You will find this on the main speedo/facia display menu not the MFD - use the buttons on the top right of the facia. The temp option will then display in the centre digital display

·
Ooo Matron !
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will find this on the main speedo/facia display menu not the MFD - use the buttons on the top right of the facia. The temp option will then display in the centre digital display
Top man. Thanks very much. I've just found it in the manual now (i.e. the correct manual) that you're said where it is.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wish you could show this on th MFD - I always have the dash display set to current speed and it'd be handy to have the outside temp visible too. I presume it's not possible on any model years?

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
I wish you could show this on th MFD - I always have the dash display set to current speed and it'd be handy to have the outside temp visible too. I presume it's not possible on any model years?
I think it is, if you press the info button under under the mfd and toggle through the screen.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think it is, if you press the info button under under the mfd and toggle through the screen.
It's not an option for me on my 59 plate nav car. If I tap one of the gauges to change it to something else then I can scroll through the list of available readouts but outside temperature isn't one of them.

I'd be curious to know if it's available on later cars?

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
No not on the mfd gauges screen, but there is an 'info' button below the screen, next to the route/dest etc.. Toggling through the info, show eco/fan/dest info screens. Will check mine later this evening.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Aplogies, not info button, but the status button on the rightside, checked it last night and it doesn't show outside temp. Looks like it is only via on the speedo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts