Votes: 140 62.5%
  • 2 bars baby. 2 bars.

Votes: 19 8.5%
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you've run more than recommended 1 bar on stock turbos, your results were...?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Running 1 bar, rare overshoots to 1.3... No problems as yet (touch wood!).

·
Administrator
31,676 Posts
i think the poll is reading wrong

1 bar, and over 1 bar without any problems should be two seperate options

mook

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
how long have you been overboosting like that?

No idea (only had the car one month); whenever I look at the boost controller/guage it sticks at 1 bar no worries but the peak display function shows 1.3 ish...

·
Registered
610 Posts
ran mine around a year on 1bar and blew the exhaust wheel clean off the rear turbo thank **** it all went down the exhaust.Still got the remnants of the exhaust wheel as it got stuck in the back box :chuckle:
I think it is a case of when will they break rather than if they will.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
was running 1.3 to 1.4 on ceramics for a good few thousand miles and never blew. they run very well
Quick but a lottery ticket ! :chuckle:

R34 engine and turbos, fitted decat which causes them to over boost as the waste-gate is too small to expel the pressure !
Result < totally trashed engine and disillusionment with ceramics.
Even now, when eating cereal out of the bowl I expect it to shatter and take out the rest of the building !:eek:

Reactions: Dings

·
Registered
823 Posts
You can run more boost out of them than the recomended 1 bar max but depending on how fit the turbo's are to start with depends on how long you'll be making boost!

Best to be safe!

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
That has to be quote of the month, if not year! :D

·
R35 Section manager
11,027 Posts
I have to ask, why risk blowing engines & turbos by running a car higher than 1 bar?:rolleyes: Surely your asking for trouble?:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I suppose because people like me want to go faster than we can really afford to! This thread is interesting, as I cant afford to upgrade turbos yet, but obviously want more power than 1 bar gives. I also like to prove wrong the "you cant do that" brigade

·
R35 Section manager
11,027 Posts
huskyracer;721309 I also like to prove wrong the "you cant do that" brigade[/QUOTE said:
But how long do you stay right for? Surely its cheaper and less trouble to buy better turbos, than to have a rebuild?:popcorn:

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
cokey, you're hilarious

ru' don't worry about the peak figures, i run mine at 0.9 and if you watch the gauge it stays there solid, but occasionally spikes to 1.1 especially if i'm in 4th or 5th gear.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
R34 engine and turbos, fitted decat which causes them to over boost as the waste-gate is too small to expel the pressure !
Result < totally trashed engine and disillusionment with ceramics.
Even now, when eating cereal out of the bowl I expect it to shatter and take out the rest of the building !:eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Gtr 34 is differant ,if you put free flowing exhaust on and de cat pipe you need to fit a 60 mill (it think thats the size) restrictor ring just before the decat to stop over boosting .

1 - 20 of 104 Posts