GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if someone have tried to oversize an n1 block to 3.0 liters do you think it could be possible?

·
Registered
426 Posts
OS Giken 3.0L stroker kit uses an n1 block (or gt block?) with a spacer plate.

You could with the right crank, rods ect but you'd have a horrid stroke..

Better of to just start with the right gear and use an rb30.

·
Registered
732 Posts
i may be able to get you an RB30 ;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
You couldn't bore it out to 3 litres if thats what you mean. No point anyway, just get a nissan rb30 block and 4wd adapter plate.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You couldn't bore it out to 3 litres if thats what you mean. No point anyway, just get a nissan rb30 block and 4wd adapter plate.
what do you mean no point wouldn't i going to have the extra torque with the extra cc ?? i am just thinking why to get the rb30 if i can bore my own block, i thought the reason nobody is doing it is that the cylinder has not the thickness to do such a think .

·
Registered
125 Posts
what do you mean no point wouldn't i going to have the extra torque with the extra cc ?? i am just thinking why to get the rb30 if i can bore my own block, i thought the reason nobody is doing it is that the cylinder has not the thickness to do such a think .
Just dont do it, the sylinder wals are to thin and trying to bore it out to 3,0 would leave you with no walls...

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
The 3litre RBs are all stroke, not bore. The RB25s, 26s and 30s are all 86mm bore with different stroke. Boring to 3litres isn't an option, if you want a 3litre get a Nissan 3litre!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I mean there is no point because you wouldn't have any cylinders left if you bored it out that much, the rb30's extra capacity is all in the stroke, the bore is the same. As a few others have already said.

I didn't mean there was no point in increasing capacity because there is huge gains to be had by doing this. I mean you would destroy your block if you tried to bore it out enough to gain another 400cc capacity.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still a newbie here and especially on rb engines so a different question how much we can bore the rb26 cylinder , did any one tried it so we can get the maximal and still safe bore of these blocks ?

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think the general rule is 87mm. Not 100% sure on that one though. You can go further if you Siamese bore the block but this is more complicated and involves machining out the factory liners and fitting new ones.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
For interests sake, I'd say you'd need to bore it out to about 93mm to turn it into a 3litre! Might be a bit too much...

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the general rule is 87mm. Not 100% sure on that one though. You can go further if you Siamese bore the block but this is more complicated and involves machining out the factory liners and fitting new ones.
that would be the best but will be a lottery with how many problems will have afterwords. if is only +1mm then i will forget what i had in mind and just go stroker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts