GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all.ive just pulled the lump out of my gtr32 and found out my clutch thats in it (a RED G-MAX NISMO TWIN PLATE 6 PADDLE WITH ABOUT 3.9MM THICKNESS LEFT ON THEM) wont be up to handling the 700 odd bhp that its going to be hopfully mapped to after new bits are put on the car.im going to be using the car for afew track days ayear(hopfully:(),but still want to drive it around at weekends onthe road.im looking inthe direction of getting a OS GILKEN R3C TRIPLE PLATE CLUTCH.have any off you guys got these and will it do what im after??? also wheres the cheapest to get hold of one?? ive just had alook on rhd japan and there charging £1,370 for anew one delivered,is that good?? any others that might be worth considering?? cheers dave.:thumbsup: ps. got it already converted to a pulltype clutch and prefer to stay with a pull insted of a push;);)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
hello mate! You still not had it mapped yet? Im finally going to be fitting them apexi turbos this weekend :thumbsup:

Anyway, i run a Carbontronics triple plate. I love it, its easy on the leg in traffic and its really drivable. You can slip the clutch easy and hold it on hills no problem.

I let a mate drive my car to TOTB last sunday and he couldn't belive it was uprated. (he has a exedy triple)

The only thing i dont like about it is that after you give it some launches (drag racing) or give it a load of crap down the country lanes it does turn into a harsh grab. In other words it starts to drive like a on or off clutch untill it cooles down.

However, when dragging and tracking this is what you want anyway.

Mine has taken loads of abuse so far and i have never heard a bad thing about them.

Recommended :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26,138 Posts
nismo g max is fine for 700bhp

its what i run :)

got a nismo in stock, would have to check for what GT-R it is for though

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clutch

hi, my one in there is a red g-max nismo, numbers on it;clutch plate (5f01) 3010c-rs045. clutch housing 92682005c0. if this is it and will be able to take 700bhp then that will be wicked as il only have to buy the new plates. do you have any of these plates in stock? if this is the one youve got will take 700bhp please could you let me know... is it true these start at 6mm thick when new?? thanks very much :D

and no its only just got pulled out,these machanics take forever!!! hope all goes well putting the apexi turbos on at the weekend mate:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clutch

well just found out i need a beefyer clutch,enough to handle around 700bhp.wheres there best place to get hold off a os giken triple plate?(another words the cheapest place :p:p)anyone got a decent second hand one going?? cheers guys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
well just found out i need a beefyer clutch,enough to handle around 700bhp.wheres there best place to get hold off a os giken triple plate?(another words the cheapest place :p:p)anyone got a decent second hand one going?? cheers guys:thumbsup:
hi i have just had a os giken triple plate clutch fitted in my gtr(33) by RB motorsports. They can supply it for you or fit it for you as they did for me very helpfull chaps reasonable price give them a call in the morning 01704 822848

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
clutch

the fitting isnt a problem as the lumps out sitting on the garage floor its trying to find one that isnt gona leave me without a pot to p*ss in:p:p.i"ll give them aring tomoz and see what they can get me one for.rhd do one for £1,370.ouch.but ive got a funny feeling thats going to be close to what anew one costs..:flame::flame:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Many posts about the Nismo G-Max twin plate clutch says that it can handle 700bhp.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
many posts say the gmax is not a nice clutch also. I have felt a few clutches over the years with my left leg and drove the cars also. I love my carbon clutch and would not change it back to a nismo one!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I can`t say anything on pedal feel as I have only felt my stock R34 GTR clutch :D

Carbonetics are very good clutches but why spend over £1.5k and change it when he does already have a good clutch for his power goals.

I have no doubt that there are many more places on the car that you could spend those £1.5k and produce that 700bhp safe and reliable.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clutch

trust me i wouldnt be changing it unless i had to.but ive upgraded everywhere else to at least be running the 700bhp mark if not atad over that and i waited till matty32 came back to me today saying my nismo gmax was rated at 670bhp tops.then it was just a question do i just not tune it up as much and keep my clutch ive already got or get a triple plate one?? so getting a triple plate now.thats why ive put my gmax clutch up for sale;);).thanks matt for getting the info i needed mate.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thats good to hear that you went with the best parts possible for the 700bhp goal. Well since Matty checked and turned out to be 670bhp is the max you could run you`ll be better off with an other one.

You should look into clutches that are rated a tad bit more than your goal, from a quick look at some clutches power ratings you`ll have to look into triple plates. OS giken are really good clutches, but as mattysupra said, if you are looking for a more pedal friendly clutch go Carbonetics.

Good luck with the build :thumbsup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
ive just went for a carbonetics twinplate type r 1350 and its great a lot better than my previous clutchs had a hks tripple and a osgiken twin

to drive arround town is so much better and easier than before

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
clutch

well thats totaly thrown me:rolleyes: just come bk from the garage.now bearing in mind my gtr32 is a 1991,i was lead to believe id need a crank collar to go onto the crank then on will be going my greddy oil pump.just offered the collar up to my crank and it fits flush! another words i dont need the collar just to put the new oil pump on,which will be done once the sump comes off as youve got that one bolt stopping you from taking the oil pump straight off without having to take sump off:mad:thing is, has my crank been replaced before i had the car? or isnt my 32 the earlyer one after all?i guess it isnt abad thing that i dont need the crank collar just baffling:confused:.the clutch i ended up getting was a orc ogura triple plate as all i could really afford.ive been assured that the plates are nearly like new(fingers crossed there),but it is rated to 900bhp so it should do the job nicely aslong as its driver friendly.i guess time will tell a.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
The crank collor gives more contact with the crank i think. The standard crank fits it no problems but only contacts 1/4 of the spline. I think the collor makes the crank contact 100% of the spline.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
clutch

ow i think im with you matt. will have to have acloser look tomoz wene i go down there,cheers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts