GTR Forum banner

Own this peice of racing history ....

2K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  weston 
#1 ·
It’s an old cliché I know but “They just don’t build em like they used to”. Very reluctantly I’ve been talked into upgrading my helmet a new one costs £30 this one is less than 20 years old & in A1 100% pristine condition and has been well looked after at no expense in all that time. A bargain at only £25 an ideal last minute Christmas gift I’ll FedEx it make sure its there for the 25th.

:p

Weston

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I've taken the day off work to look 4the receipt but couldn't find it, so I phoned the shop I bought it from the owner died apparently several years ago & I'm told they only keep records for 7 years...

by way of compensation I'll drop the price to £ 24 & I guarantee you can still have it for Christmas...

Weston

#7 ·
grand prix legends

wes.
Give them a call if I were you. this is legendary stuff.
It reminds me of the early coultard hemelts from his f3 days. Maybe he would be interested in making you an offer??
You did look the part in it at brands and it reminded me of the many days gone past there.

Nick.

#9 ·
Weston

I think I have a New Vissor In the Packet that will fit your Helmit

Do you think it will put the price up a little?

Do you know the Make?

The Bike is a GT 750 Knowen as a Boiler because it was one of the first to be water cooled. (sorry if you new that any one)

Do you still have that in the garden shed as well?

if you don't get any joy selling try a Part X deal Weston :D :D

#18 ·
Any more of this old timing man talk and you'll get thrown off the Register!!!:p

You know the rules: No speak of any thing with carbs.:mad:

Glen, I think they do them Stroker 3-1 things at Anne Summers!!:eek:

#19 ·
Oooooooh

So Scott you've never had the pleasure of 'givin it large on a stroker' then.

No ones lived until they've had a blast on a tuned 'Green Meanie' surely ?

Nice one Phil re the other 2 pipe manufacturers ( term manufacturers used lightly of course.)

glen

#25 ·
Phil,

I bought it 3 weeks before my sixteenth birthday. I used to mark off the days before my birthday on my bedside cabinet. I remember a year or so later, whilst 'entertaining' my girlfriend (now my wife :eek: ), her noticing these marks and thinking they were an account of my conquests!! Chance would be a fine thing!

If we're going on to talk car history as well, I've got a really, and I mean REALLY embarrassing admission to make!

Peter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.