GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all

I have just sold my E92 M3 after having it for three years. I loved it and sold it reluncantly due to concerns over depreciation with the M4 now out.

Having a difficult time working out what to get next - torn betwene the M4 and a 2011/2012 GTR. Heart says GTR but head says M4, lol.

It's a weekend car and I would only do 4000K miles a year.

I ideally want to keep the car for 5+ years this time round (balloon type finance followed by finance to buy outright).

I'm confident that following my M3, the M4 won't dissapoint over that period of time. The wife thinks the 'novelty', if there is such a thing, of the GTR would wear off. I understand where she is coming from in as much as I got bored of previous cars, like and Evo, after 15 months. But completely understand the GTR is a world apart.

Interested to here other opinions including those of you which have owned for some time and will continue to do so vs those which have owned and sold quite quickly plus why.

thanks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I did something similar. Bought a new F10 M5 and although it was a fantastic car the RWD in the Uk is such a waste. Nothing but wheels spin on wet / damp roads.

Just bought a GTR yesterday. Stage 2 Litchfield remap with exhaust etc. FLAMING AWESOME car!!. Ok, it's hard and noisy at motorway speeds but thats all part of the car. Nail it and its just stupid and funny. I really dont miss my M5.

Drove over 600 miles in 2 days and loved it. Funny everyones reaction to the car, people taking pics and video as I drove past. The car (Grey Matte Warp with Carbon firbe everywhere) certainly draws attenton.

GTR you wont regret it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts