GTR Forum banner

do you use the stock oxygen sensors?

• Yes. My fuel economy is helped by those things.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No. Why bother. I've got widebands or nothing at all.

Votes: 2 66.7%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the two narrowband lambdas in the turbo elbows. Do you use them? Or have you binned them?

Mine have been switched off for nearly a year, and my mileage isn't that bad. What happened was that when I switched to Bosch 044 pumps, for some reason the transition from on O2 feedback to off was noticeable and a bit jarring, and I couldn't map around it. So I just switched them off, as I felt pretty happy with the mileage I was getting anyways (still a fairly dismal 12mpg (US gallons), but what do you expect from a 600+bhp car? :))

Mine are pretty new titanias (easily acquired in the US for early 90s Z32s). Perhaps I should remove them and pass them forward to someone in need?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no thoughts or opinions? Surely this is a decision everyone makes - whether to run O2 feedback or not??

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
If I remember correctly my car runs 13:1 on cruise, which is a bit rich IMHO. The next time my car gets remapped for something I'm going to opt to use lambda sensors and run in closed loop on cruise and light throttle because I would prefer more mpg from the car. I'd definitely expect to use wide band, not narrow band, though.

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
I has something similar happen on mine when I fitted steel turbines. We just unplugged the lambdas and haven't had an issue in 4 years, despite what other tuners gad said

mook

1 - 5 of 5 Posts