GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just before christmas i had a Stage 4.25 conversion carried out on my 2011 Gtr. The car has been driving perfectly until this Morning.

I have started the car this morning and heard a rattling from the mid section of the car and it does not sound as if it is coming from the bellhousing as that was replaced last year. I let the car warm up and then took it for a test drive, it was juddering at higher revs and the car is louder then normal.

After i returned from my test drive, i plugged in the diagnostic machine and got an error P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire.

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on what this could be?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I normally use Andy at Ac but hes not open until Monday and currently has a six weeks waiting time.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t be driving it until I’ve sorted out what’s wrong with it, you just don’t know how much more damage you might end up doing!
Hopefully for your sake mate it’s something small and a easy fix.👍

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes i agree with most here it is most likely a plug. I had the P0305 last year with the rattle as well, changed the plugs and everything was fine. After an inspection of the plug (cyl 5) nothing could be seen looked completely normal,just the same as the others that i removed. Gaps were the same and nothing visible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick update.

One of my friends who is a mechanic had a look at the car this morning. The electrical wiring from the engine to the manifold has been chewed on possibly by Rats. It was also evident that they had chewed up the engine cover on the underside of the bonnet.

Hopefully he said he can repair this on Monday. I will keep you updated if this solved the problem.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Just a quick update.

One of my friends who is a mechanic had a look at the car this morning. The electrical wiring from the engine to the manifold has been chewed on possibly by Rats. It was also evident that they had chewed up the engine cover on the underside of the bonnet.

Hopefully he said he can repair this on Monday. I will keep you updated if this solved the problem.
Damn, thats bad luck! I remember Ford transits had a massive problem, after a certain year they changed the wrap for the wiring loom to a more environmentally friendly material, unfortunately rodents loved it and seeing as a lot of vans bet parked up on industrial estates and most are rife with rats well the inevitable happened, lots of looms got chewed. I know a GTR owner bought a brand new tesla and it wasnt right from the showroom electrically wise, Tesla tried to say rats had eaten the wires and he said well it must have happened in your showroom !!! Best you get a cat , good diagnosis, shows its good to think out of the box. At least they found the problem.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Rats love wiring, they do some serious damage, my friend had to have a gold half rewired as it chewed everything behind the glove box.

Recently I had one eat a good bit of a vw polo rear seat base and some carpet underneath the passenger seat.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,040 Posts
Pine Martens are known for chewing engines. I saw a programme on it yeasr ago.

They do live in north England and also north Wales, but are mainly in Scotland.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts