GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always run xp8 in my Evo and was pleased with them it was just the dust that got on my nerves how do the pagid rs29 compare on performance and dusting

·
Vendor
480 Posts
I'd recommend one of the following (very brief description!):

Ferodo DS2500 - Better than factory, much much much cheaper, great all rounder and very quiet, sprint use yes, long track use may struggle.
Carbotech XP8 to XP16 - Very good performance pad at a very good price, need to be careful and spec the correct temperature rating though, there is a reason why there are quite a few different compounds available, can be quite squeaky, start low-ish and work your way up the range, don't over spec.
Pagid RS29 - Very expensive but extremely good, relatively low noise, VERY wide operating temp, great from cold and great when stinking hot.
EBC (any compound) - Not a fan.
Other pads ARE available but I wouldn't comment without long term personal experience of them.
Interested to hear of the Hawk pads from the states (60 or 70s, always have a good rep from these guys) and DS3000/3500 experience (I imagine might be a bit poor from cold and daily street driving)

:D

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Also depends what you want pay, I never track my car so fitted Bendix all round which are absolutely great so far, cost £165.

·
R35 Section manager
10,972 Posts
I'd recommend one of the following (very brief description!):

Ferodo DS2500 - Better than factory, much much much cheaper, great all rounder and very quiet, sprint use yes, long track use may struggle.
Carbotech XP8 to XP16 - Very good performance pad at a very good price, need to be careful and spec the correct temperature rating though, there is a reason why there are quite a few different compounds available, can be quite squeaky, start low-ish and work your way up the range, don't over spec.
Pagid RS29 - Very expensive but extremely good, relatively low noise, VERY wide operating temp, great from cold and great when stinking hot.
EBC (any compound) - Not a fan.
Other pads ARE available but I wouldn't comment without long term personal experience of them.
Interested to hear of the Hawk pads from the states (60 or 70s, always have a good rep from these guys) and DS3000/3500 experience (I imagine might be a bit poor from cold and daily street driving)

:D

Had these on my 33 with Stoptech calipers.
Very very good for fast road use but very dusty-your wheels will need a wash every 2 weeks or so. I will probably fit them again as they are good all round pad.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm using the ferodo ds2500 . found them to be an excellent fast road use pad and really quiet. Only thing I've noticed is a clicking emitting from the brakes when they are pressed .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anybody use the ENDLESS MX72 pads ?? Have used it on the TT-RS and was amazing great.. Raeder Motorsport use it on the Nürburgring Nordschleife Audi with TT-RS Brake and was happy with the result but of course not evey pad is brillant on a different disc so maybe somebody has experience with the MX72 on stock discs

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I seem to remember it being said on the MLR that XP10s give off less dust than XP8s and should still be fine for road use.

Maybe Ian can confirm if this is the case?

·
Registered
754 Posts
You shouldn't overlook the Pagid's, they are well proven and worth serious consideration especially if you're stage 1 or above.
RS29 are fantastic pads, more progressive and better stopping power than stock, less dust and brake squeal really is about the same as OEM (a clean down with the jet wash/bed in procedure clears it if you're mainly driving in traffic).
While they are more expensive, they last longer and appear to be about the same in terms of disc wear.

They are epic on track, excellent stopping power and zero fade. I've used them all year round, Alcon discs on the front and OEM on rear.

Protegimus

1 - 20 of 25 Posts