GTR Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I've had the pagids on for a while now and would agree with what Protegimus has said above. A bit of squeaking at low speeds but otherwise great. Good stopping power when up to temp and good from cold as well. Can't really comment on pad wear but i've read they are just as good if not better than OEM (but they shouldn't break up/crumble like OEM ;))

·
Registered
352 Posts
You shouldn't overlook the Pagid's, they are well proven and worth serious consideration especially if you're stage 1 or above.
RS29 are fantastic pads, more progressive and better stopping power than stock, less dust and brake squeal really is about the same as OEM (a clean down with the jet wash/bed in procedure clears it if you're mainly driving in traffic).
While they are more expensive, they last longer and appear to be about the same in terms of disc wear.

They are epic on track, excellent stopping power and zero fade. I've used them all year round, Alcon discs on the front and OEM on rear.

Protegimus
Protegimus,
I have recently fitted the Pagids and get MAJOR squeal at low speeds. Jetwashing as you suggest seems to fix it for a couple of journeys, but then it's back!
Do you jetwash and then do another bed in procedure? How long before they squeal again?
Anyone know any tricks to minimise the noise? I do a lot of slowish journeys to work in rush hour so doing regular hard breaking runs is not an option!
Don't really want to have to change them again, but I will if I have to as the noise is embarassingly loud!

Paul

·
Registered
551 Posts
Protegimus,
I have recently fitted the Pagids and get MAJOR squeal at low speeds. Jetwashing as you suggest seems to fix it for a couple of journeys, but then it's back!
Do you jetwash and then do another bed in procedure? How long before they squeal again?
Anyone know any tricks to minimise the noise? I do a lot of slowish journeys to work in rush hour so doing regular hard breaking runs is not an option!
Don't really want to have to change them again, but I will if I have to as the noise is embarassingly loud!

Paul
I have the same issue and it's embarrassing... I would also like to know if there is a solution

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm having XP12s fitted just now before I take mine out to play.
I have had XP10 on my Evo all year on track and been very happy with them, I asked a Carbotech dealer for advice and he recommended the 12s for the GTR as its heavier :)
J

21 - 25 of 25 Posts