GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of trying to arrange a group buy for some and thought I would put a specific post here to ensure anyone running these excellent pads was aware of it.

The thread is here, http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/292834-brake-pad-group-buy-opportunity.html

Also interested in your thoughts on how the pads perform? Anyone ever managed to make them fade?

Cheers
Mart

·
Registered
924 Posts
I am in the process of trying to arrange a group buy for some and thought I would put a specific post here to ensure anyone running these excellent pads was aware of it.

The thread is here, http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/292834-brake-pad-group-buy-opportunity.html

Also interested in your thoughts on how the pads perform? Anyone ever managed to make them fade?

Cheers
Mart
I fitted a complete set of Alcon discs (400mm fronts, 380mm rears) and RS29s all round a week before doing a 3500 mile road trip through the Alps and just about every pass over there.

Very very heavy use and I was originally concerned that they would not stand the abuse.

No such problems. No hint of fade, no visible sign of wear on the discs and great bite. Not a cheap pad but great compared to the OEM pads I had in before.

I stripped the brakes last weekend to inspect for signs of anything unusual but all looked well with less meat off them than I would have thought.

I did notice that the inner pads had worn slightly more than the outer so swapped them round. No bedding in and brakes great from the word go again.

If you really lean on the anchors I think they are worth the money. For Sunday drivers I think there are probably cheaper pads out there that will work ok.

I will replace them with another set when they do wear out as I like the assurance when heading down Alpine passes in a near 2 tonne missile.

Just remember to change the brake fluid for Castrol SRF or Motul equivalent so that the pedal doesn't go soft on you as the fluid boils with all the heat soak.

Overall very impressed and they do the job, giving confidence and reassurance that the OEM just do not.

Satan.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great info and on those roads I don't for a minute think they didn't earn their keep.

Interesting about the inner wearing faster than the outer. My front outers are looking very low so the inner side is probably even worse. I keep listening out for grinding so really keen to get them changed.

Thanks for the info. If you are interested in getting in on the group deal so you have a spare set ready just post on my other thread.

Cheers
Mart

1 - 3 of 3 Posts