GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
As above, I believe Litchfield have them on the shelf.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
You paid £1200 for a set of brake pads...?!?!?!? :runaway:
yep, before the prices started to come down, like all things new you get b*ggered !!!

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
yep, before the prices started to come down, like all things new you get b*ggered !!!

Fair enough. Thanks for being a front runner and helping 'reduce' todays pricing.

Nabster said:
Do need the upgraded Alcon disks or can you just use the Pagid pads on OEM disks?
I am running Pagic RS29 on AP disks. I am considering changing from Pagids to either Ferrodo DS2500 (possibly 3000 although not doing track work so probably not worth it) or maybe the Bendix which Trevgtr rates for road use as these are sub £200 for a full set

Is there any significant increase in braking force using the Pagid pads with OEM disks then? Been looking at changing my pads and disks from OEM but just not sure if they are worth it or not?
If you use the brakes hard enough to benefit from the pagid RS29's then you will find your stock disks crack and need to be replaced (in my opinion anyway).

Better to either change the entire lot (I can recomend the AP disks) or just change to a milder pad such as the bendix or the Ferrodo. A lot of peeps seem to also recomend the cosworth streetmaster too.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
I have 2 of them and I not robbed but raped !!!!

Reactions: Chronos

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If you use the brakes hard enough to benefit from the pagid RS29's then you will find your stock disks crack and need to be replaced (in my opinion anyway).

Better to either change the entire lot (I can recomend the AP disks) or just change to a milder pad such as the bendix or the Ferrodo. A lot of peeps seem to also recomend the cosworth streetmaster too.
Certainly need to change the front discs, but I've been on stock rears with Pagids for some time now without any disk cracking issue. Pagids last quite well too ime.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Hence why I bit the bullet and went for the Alcon BBK - pads may be expensive, but disc's holding up well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts