GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was orginally going for a Silver with black Nismo LMGT4 rims for my GT-R but now I am looking at black on black Nismo LMGT4 rims....what do you guys think? I am into a seriously mean look but dont know if I will get bored of black on black or not...black on black looks awesome when it is night time and when the sun is about to go down...I want the Nismo Z tune silver color but there is no way I can get my hands on it. can someone help me make up my mind??? :wavey:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Black on black is well cool :thumbsup: It looks really mean and low key street racer.

Not everyone will like it but if you like it, thats what matters.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea...black on black is simple...but it looks extremely mean...it will look even scarier at night with 8000k deep blue HID headlights hahaha...plus if I dont get the silver I want...it will totally destroy the car and I dont want to waste more money trying to get it repainted black...Pearl black R34 GT-R with black nismo LMGT4 and clear coated..hahaha....that just might work.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think it would look very nice if you go ahead with it. post up some pics if you decide to go for it.

If your still unsure try find some pic of black on black skylines or just cars that are black on black.

personally I would go for it :chuckle:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ooo yea..me too I think that is what I am going for guys...simply because I know I cant find the nismo z tune KYO silver...I am going for the black...I rarely seen a black R34 with black LMGT4s. The only R34 I have seen with Black LMGT4s was when Shin inue was on the skyline GTR story DVD...the thing look mean but the it was cloudy and about to rain so the colors didnt look right...but when I seen that beast in a sunny pictures it look so bad. well black on black is confirmed now...but which black should I pick? There are many different blacks you know...I was thinking about pearl black with many many clear coats...same as my rims...black with many clear coats...Unless i find another silver that isnt from nissans color codes....But here is a link to the r34 pearl black color
iKirst Gallery :: MSpec Nur R34 GTR - Puurrr :: IMG_1654

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
As far as i know the Nismo cars use WV2 Sparkling silver.

And Shins car was sporting Rays TE37's in bronze. There was another black car on that DVD in black that had Gunmetal grey alloys. Garry Howards IIRC

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you are right about shins car..but when Dirk S. was driving his car and they switched tires they were black...when I asked about the color code for the Nismo Z tune it was KYO silver...but when I looked at the Z it was KYO and I compared they are not the same what so ever. Your car is pearl black...looks very nice I think....

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Hows about black gloss body/matt black rims ?

A dude I know has a 1974 T2 VW, The plan we came up with for his was Matt orange body with the graphics simply sprayed on in clearcoat gloss, A kind of "my car is matt but i drove through a clearcoat waterfall" thing was suggested, so the shiny orange would kind of splash down the side of the van. If i had the skill (which I definitely dont) I would love to try something like that...

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmmm...not exactly black but looks nice.....that silver on black looks good....but I want the nismo KYO silver on the Z tune...and it is an exclusive for the Z tune so there is no way I am getting it....I guess I will get either a extremely glossy black paint...and a glossy black paint for the rims...I dont want flat black.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
well the only picture I seen of a black r34 with black lmgt4 are at the nismo car factory...I dont have a direct link but the best I can do is send a link the go to car factory..there you will see the black r34 with black lmgt4s...in my opinion.......it doesnt look that good...it is possible that I may scratch out that plan for another color...not sure for now but by looking at that I wont be happy with it. maybe it is because of the type of black used...not sure..all I can say right now is that I dont like it.

NISMO COMPLETE CARS

click on car factory and enter it...you will see how it looks

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea its hot....but I guess it is because of the different paint I dont know....so all and all....does it look the best out of all of them? Maybe I dont like it is because it isnt shiny enough...so I will be sure to have both the rims and car paint in pearl black...isnt the R34 factory color pearl black anyway?

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Yes as far as i know the factory colour is Pearl Black (GV1) and thats the only black they do on the BNR34

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ok I finally found a picture of the black on black....seen this car before with black on black but I thought it was tooo much black...what do you guys think? :wavey:

you have to go to skyline R34 pictures when you get there and go to page 10...you wont miss it! bottom left 2nd pic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts