GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching here I realised I first noticed a 'tiny bubble' August last year. Life took over and I never did anything about it. Looking at it today the tiny bubble has a few more friends to keep in company.
Reading on here, I need to take it to a NHPC, my closest being either Oxford , Cambridge or Birmingham. All a bloody trek to be honest hence my question ;
For those that have suffered the bubbles, and consequently had them repaired under warranty, which NHPC did you use?
If I've got to drive miles I'd rather take it to one that has prior knowledge of the problem rather than be fobbed off with "this is the first one we've seen with this.."

·
Registered
217 Posts
With it being a known fault whichever nhpc you go with i would just email them pics of bubbling once they get the ok from nissan then go for repair.

When i had this fault i was at the dealers for 10mins all they did was take a dozen pics
to send nissan then a week later got the ok.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Mine is an 09 and has been accepted by Nissan by photos sent via dealer to get both doors repainted for this very problem plus at the bottom of the doors near the rubber seals, geting it done in May. They want to see the rear quarters which also have bubbles as they think may be due to stone chips although I am fairly diligent about touching up, so I may have to pay to do those, but I will also fit front mud guards as rural roads have peppered the rear quarters above the factory clear shield. Stillen ones sound expensive and poorly reviewed, any good alternatives?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is an 09 and has been accepted by Nissan by photos sent via dealer to get both doors repainted for this very problem plus at the bottom of the doors near the rubber seals, geting it done in May. They want to see the rear quarters which also have bubbles as they think may be due to stone chips although I am fairly diligent about touching up, so I may have to pay to do those, but I will also fit front mud guards as rural roads have peppered the rear quarters above the factory clear shield. Stillen ones sound expensive and poorly reviewed, any good alternatives?
Which NHPC Thistle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
paint

Hi, mine was repaired by middlehurst, top job and good paint match.
Hi there new to the group..i used to work at middlehurst as a painter.ive done loads of gtrs since 2009. Warranty rust like yours and the dreaded white bumpers.i co created the white that matches brilliantly..glad u liked the work..got some pics i could upload to : )

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
that's looks like rust starting from the innerside.

not good if they are already catching rust. what will remain of these in 20 years time?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Paint Bubbles by wing mirror

I sent photos to Wessex Garages in Bristol, and received the following response:-

"I would require the copies of the service book also to state the body inspections have been carried out by a Nissan dealer annually to be able to submit any request to Nissan Bodywork warranty.

If you can send me these details I will start the process for you.

Regards

Rachel Perry
Service Manager
T: 0117 954 7536
<http://www.wessexgarages.com> W: wessexgarages.com"

Anybody else asked for this information??

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I sent mine to be sorted under warranty at my local HPC. After forgetting to order the paint they then proceeded to lose both my door window glass. Needless to say, I'll be letting my car go rusty next time!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts