GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I took delivery of my GTR I have managed to acquire chips on the bonnet and the front end just above the radiator air intake, the wing mirror and the black wndscreen surround. The touch up kit is an absolute disaster and I have been trying for a month and cannot get a satisfactory finish. Even my professional detailer has tried and failed.
Any recommendations and approx costs for spaying these bits in Northern Ireland or in Scotland/ North of England?
Car is in ultimate silver

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Can't remember what it's called but several people I know have put that special bullet-proof 'invisible' protectant film across the vulnerable bits.

·
Registered
634 Posts
My paint is shockingly bad - I had my 911 for 18 months from new and had 2 chips. I my GTR is 5 months old and it must have 10 plus.

Kp

·
Registered
111 Posts
Look up Dr. Colourchip - it really is as good as they say...Just make sure you order the larger gravel rash kit
I'd agree about Dr. Colorchip, I used it on my old M3 after a particularly gravelly track day at a local airstrip. It brought lots of small gravel rash back to (almost) looking new.

When I got it, you could only order from America so it was quite expensive but did do a good job.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hello there where abouts are you? I work in a bodyshop i can mix you abit of paint if you get me paint code its a waste of time with the pens you can buy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello there where abouts are you? I work in a bodyshop i can mix you abit of paint if you get me paint code its a waste of time with the pens you can buy.
Northern Ireland dont know code, but colour is ultimate silver- maybe someone can chip in with the code - excuse the pun

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the same issue with my R35 - 6 months old - 3500 miles at at least a dozen stone chips. I have used a company called Shine; Take the Weekend off... Evo use them. £65 to repair any number of stone chips.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all
has anyone considered having their car vinyl wrapped?
I have looked into this and it's about £1200 for the complete car in any colour and takes about 2 days.
The advantages of this are no stone chips, no key damage and perfect paintwork when it's removed.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Hi all
has anyone considered having their car vinyl wrapped?
I have looked into this and it's about £1200 for the complete car in any colour and takes about 2 days.
The advantages of this are no stone chips, no key damage and perfect paintwork when it's removed.
In hindsight, because the paint is like putty, this is what i'd have done rather than buying a Black Black Ed.

I'd have picked up the Prem (or even Std) Nav car in any colour and spent the Black Ed money on wrapping it Blue (bayside is it?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts