GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am thinking of having the front factory splitter on my r32 gtr repainted in the factory grey but cannot find out what paint colour code it should be. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh great, its painted silver does that mean it will have to remain silver or can it be stripped without damaging it, would really like it to look factory

thanks for the reply

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think you would be better off with a new one or finding a good one second hand. I don't think they are cheap new but are available afaik.

·
Registered
189 Posts
In saying the above I'm no paint expert. It may be really easy to strip with the right product. If it was me tho, getting one that's unpainted just sounds like a lot less hassle and less chance of messing up your existing painted one.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
They are almost impossible to get second hand in new condition.

Last price i had for a new one was around £400 . The nissan price was quite a bit less but they are no longer made and the stock has been bought up so it is over the barrel time.

Trouble is that they break and scratch quite easily and a lot are painted because of damage as it can look perfect that way.

You can remove even quite deep scrathes but it is very time consuming starting with 40 grit and ending on 1000 or higher dependant on how anal or bored you are. Its not the same finish but you can get a plastic restorer that makes it almost perfect

The fixings break as well . To be exact the splitter fixings which are part of the splitter break because the fixing bolts are blind at one end and slide into retaining slots ithat are part of the splitter. If the nuts seize or are very tight the end of the bolt turns in the splitter and breaks or bends it. You can use nuts and bolts it is diffcult to pull the splitter in like the oem system does

This is probbly why many are painted and often done in situ as the fixing bolts ofen seize up .

·
Registered
26,758 Posts
we have brand new ones in stock (in japan)

Nissan do, them still (in JP) but have put the price up 50% about 3/4 months ago.

they come unpainted.

supplied a new one for Richards Red R32.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I was trying to get them a lot before that and abbey and rb and one other all said they were no longer available from nissan..
They were around £ 285 if i remember correctly but you could and still can get them oem new elswhere in japan for £400+.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Indeed they are available I enquired with RHD few weeks ago. Don't believe everything you hear I was told last year they stopped making R32 parts by a well known trader here so I guess he can sell his second hand items at inflated prices :chuckle:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi buddy
I have got a used primed original veilside splitter up for grabs
paint it the same colour as your car or just satin black it

pm me if interested ok

cheers Gaz

·
Registered
26,758 Posts
Indeed they are available I enquired with RHD few weeks ago. Don't believe everything you hear I was told last year they stopped making R32 parts by a well known trader here so I guess he can sell his second hand items at inflated prices :chuckle:
Nissan have stopped making some R32 parts,

not front lips but they have nearly doubled the price of the front lip (and some other items)

same is true for the R33 front splitters

·
Registered
26,758 Posts
How do you explain the price on Amayama of the front splitter? I just think some people have huge mark ups.
If they can supply it for that, we would buy 20 units. I would advise anyone to buy it from that website if they can, or buy 2 and keep a spare, but i suspect they cannot supply for that price.

try going to a nissan dealer in japan and asking for that item.

we make very little on nissan items.

buy it in the UK if you want too

Nissan JP have doubled the price on front splitters along with alot of other prices, but have discontinued some.

what many do not seem to accept, that the R32 and "gtr" series most own on here are VERY old cars, despite their status.

Nissan makes far more money on the new ranges of cars, than they do supplying "collectors" on the older model

its simple maths for them.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
If they can supply it for that, we would buy 20 units. I would advise anyone to buy it from that website if they can, or buy 2 and keep a spare, but i suspect they cannot supply for that price.

try going to a nissan dealer in japan and asking for that item.

we make very little on nissan items.

buy it in the UK if you want too

Nissan JP have doubled the price on front splitters along with alot of other prices, but have discontinued some.

what many do not seem to accept, that the R32 and "gtr" series most own on here are VERY old cars, despite their status.

Nissan makes far more money on the new ranges of cars, than they do supplying "collectors" on the older model

its simple maths for them.
Why do you doubt the price? What is your price on an N1 oil or water pump? I personally got these for around £135 each from a Nissan dealer in the US when most people are selling these for over £280 here in the UK. Mine are genuine items came in Nissan boxes from a Nissan dealer.

I have yet to buy from Amayama, but one of the guys in the Nissan dealer rant thread buys from them all the time so I believe it must be genuine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know the standard splitters are unpainted but is the colour roughly satin black as someone suggested??

I was under the impression it was grey but it has been some time since I seen a unpainted r32 splitter.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts