GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone know where i could get some paint for the Black edition wheels, I kerbed my rear one in a dodgy car park in Portugal...

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
32 Posts
+1 = I have same problem and am also looking for touch up paint for the Black Edition wheels. I am based in the UK as opposed to Tenerife

·
Registered
300 Posts
i am looking for the same thing but i have premium...are they the same ?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Surely with these sort of issues your never get a match, wouldn't it be easier to get all four done in any shade you wish?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have a premuim version arrivng this week, did not go for the Black as I was not keen on the red inserts on the interior. Like the black wheels though especially on the US, might look at getting them painted if we can get the paint. Anybody got details yet?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Need Smoked Black Chrome Paint for Wheels

Did anyone ever come up with a source for the paint for the black smoked chrome wheels on the UK Black Edition?

I've just 'stroked' the edge of mine too coming around a slow but tight 90 degree corner and I want to just repaint a 1" section of a rim.

Do you have to go back to Nissan HPC to get the paint or is there any other source out there?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I ordered the wheel paint from the Middlehurst, it's fine but it gets partly erased after washing the car...

·
Registered
634 Posts
I am gonna get mine all repainted and the Nissan paint is worse than the stuff they paint the car with and I have a kerb kiss that a nice London hotel did for me last week.

Kp

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for this information.

My car is going into Middlehursts for its first alignment service in the next week or two so I'll get some of the wheel paint then, as it will match.

Do you think it would it help its durability if I clear lacquer coated it afterwards?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have the clear lacque (I got it with the Paint stick set for the car color (silver)), but I didn't use it for the wheels (although it came to my mind)
It would certainly help the durability of the paint on the wheels, but I think that if I painted the wheel with the clear lacque (after the wheel paint), it would be more visible and worse then scrachted and nonpainted...
I wanted to try the clear lacque on the small part of scratch, but just didn't have time to play with it...
Oh I forgot to explain how my wheels got scratched... (both driver's side wheels) - I got them scratched on the brand new car from the HPC (Germany), but I noticed it when I came home and washed the car for the first time...
Guess why - cause they painted the scratch with their stick too!!!
So actually they were aware that the wheel was scratched but they painted it and hoped that I will not notice it when picking up the car - and they were right, I didn't notice it...I was too excited.
S*CKERS

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the clear lacque (I got it with the Paint stick set for the car color (silver)), but I didn't use it for the wheels (although it came to my mind)
It would certainly help the durability of the paint on the wheels, but I think that if I painted the wheel with the clear lacque (after the wheel paint), it would be more visible and worse then scrachted and nonpainted...
I wanted to try the clear lacque on the small part of scratch, but just didn't have time to play with it...
Oh I forgot to explain how my wheels got scratched... (both driver's side wheels) - I got them scratched on the brand new car from the HPC (Germany), but I noticed it when I came home and washed the car for the first time...
Guess why - cause they painted the scratch with their stick too!!!
So actually they were aware that the wheel was scratched but they painted it and hoped that I will not notice it when picking up the car - and they were right, I didn't notice it...I was too excited.
S*CKERS
Good lesson to be learned here! I'll have sex before picking my car up, so my excitement level is reduced, and then I stand a chance to notice little details such as this.

Are the scratches very visible or not?

·
Registered
723 Posts
When you know there is a scratch, it is visible from 100 meters distance :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts