GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, has anyone got any info on respraying a 33, such things as:

(1) Where - should I trust any typical respraying place?
(2) Price
(3) Entire car (inc engine bay) or just exterior & difference in price
(4) Anything else I should consider

Plus, anyone got a ball park figure on the extra cost to have a multi-colour respray, you know the stuff that looks different colours depending on what angle you look at it.

Car is currently silver, I'm thinking of a change! Plus, there's a few minor scratches on the car that have been there since I got it last Nov.

Ta muchly

Paul

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Best person to speak to about this stuff is Richard Bell. He owns a pearlescent flip R33 GTR that he did at his own premises. I would imagine he would be very competitive. I can personally testify to the quality of his work, as Im sure can others on this board.

He also colour-coded the front splitter on my car (which was originally black).

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
I would think for a full colour respray in a chameleon/colour flip type paint inc engine bay you are looking in the region of £3 - £3.5k :eek: :eek:

any decent bodyshop should be able to do it, but make sure you speak to some customers first who can testify to the quality of the work. It is always worth paying a bit extra to get the result you want when it comes to paint.

when I saw the gold/purple/red micra on sunday it sprang to mind what the skyline would look like in a similar effect, I was thinking it'd be pretty f**king good ;)

Simon

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
it is always nice to be right

who needs bayside blue?????

:p :p :p

Simon

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I can vouch for that boys

Mr Bells paint job is sth else and they have some very good facilities down there in Guildford.
Just off the A3 so very easy to get to as well.
At a good price as well though I don't think his paint job would be that cheap. I think he said about 5k to the billy bunters on the street but it is VERY special and his business.

NLW

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ooooooh!

Mmmmmm....

Ahhhhhh....

Oh I like that, that is very nice that is!!!!:smokin:

What discount d'you think I could get for cash??!! For being female??!! For being a facey git??!!;)

Caroline:D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Chameleon

Some time ago (almost 2 years I think) I had a look at this paint. If I remember well it's by Dupont and it came in at least two colour schemes, each having 3 colour in it I think. It's quite nice, albeit having a high grade of Max Power contents in it, but that's my personal opinion of course.

Andre.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Cheaper alternative

When my mate crashed his Ducati (for the 1st time ;) he got it sprayed by a mate of mine (John @ Creations) in a strange way. What he did was spray the bodywork in a base coat (Orange) and then when he was about to apply the pearls he mixed three different pearls together (from memory it was red, green, blue) then sprayed them on top and put loads of lacquer on. This turned out looking like flip paint to a certain extent. basically when the sun was out it looked superb! Maybe you could ask the bodyshop if they could do that?

John only does bike stuff but you can ask him what he does if you want. he's on 01280 848 126. Mainly he does carbon engine covers and bike mods

James

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
Re: Re: it is always nice to be right

somberg said:

Answer: everybody with a fast Skyline.

Case dismissed.:D
there is a slow Skyline??????

I thought there were just fast Skylines and Even faster Skylines ;)

perhaps I should rephrase, When you can have a colour like that - why would you want bayside blue? :p

Simon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts