GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv got a paint problem around the skirt, the grey paint is flaking away??

anyone had the same problem?

im in surrey and been advised by HPC to take the car to motor care in tunbridge wells to be inspected dose this sound normal??

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
A customer of me had his car wrapped flat black,half a year later he removed the wrap and on both sideskirts the paint came with the wrap....so basicly the paint doesn´t stick very good on these plastic parts....

Nissan will sort this out,im sure:thumbsup:

·
Registered
530 Posts
After working on the R35 im not impressed with their quality of paint.

Im certain it should be covered (replaced) by Nissan. Modern OEM paint should not flake or peel away at all. Yes it should chip, but never flake.

This "peeling" nods that the paint has little, or no mechanical grip to the plastic upon which its applied. Nissan UK should look into their application process of paint to these skirts...its not rocket science!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

is the whole bottom corner and the stone chip defender is flapping arround, is happening on driver side to just in a different place on the skirt.
only covered 3k miles is clearly a fault with the paint not sticking.
awaiting response from bromley hpc

·
Registered
194 Posts
That is the first one i've seen peel like this, clearly a problem in the process so just send it back and ask for the skirts all round to be re-done so it doesn't happen on another part of the car later on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im still awaiting response have been putting it through bromley, apparently will be a std warranty claim, been quite a bit of hassle though i must admit:sadwavey:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
im still awaiting response have been putting it through bromley, apparently will be a std warranty claim, been quite a bit of hassle though i must admit:sadwavey:
If they told you this,that is a bad customerservice again by Nissan.....i would tell the HPC to sort this out in the next 15minutes if this would be my car or they get problems...

But it seems they like their VIP customers driving around with the paint falling of their brand new cars....:sadwavey:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im taking back the nice things i have said about Ancaster Bromley,... still waiting for call back to sort the problem!! iv called them at least five times now very poor customer service and followthrough

1 - 11 of 11 Posts