GTR Forum banner

Paint Protection - Diamondbrite vs Collinite 845 vs Any of the others

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Moneyec 
#1 ·
I'm picking up my nice new 2020 GTR in a few weeks, and the dealership are trying to upsell me a £399 Diamonbrite paint protection package - is it worth it?

I've search the forum and there's a few answers from 10+ years ago, making alternative suggestions, but many of the links have gone dead.

Does anybody have an current experience on paint protection packages and people who'll apply it (Midlands area) - I'm too lazy to do it myself, and will probably make a naff job of it if I did.

#2 ·
Personally, I wouldn't bother with either of those brands, though I have used Collinite products and they are OK (i.e. average quality). I've paid for Supagard and GardEx on cars before and never noticed any difference after, say, 2 years than cars that I didn't get "done" when new. In fact in a black car with GardEx it was a nightmare to clean properly for about 3 years, just had a haze to the finish - ended up totally removing it with liquid clay and starting again. For £400 I'd rather get a pro valet to use the best products (Zymol cleaners and wax/glazes, for instance) than have the garage open a £50 bag of products and basically try and valet your car ( then give you the bag and used products for "top ups"). New cars are typically sprayed with Cosmoline to stop them rusting/marring during shipping (from overseas/container storage etc). Ideally you want someone who can remove all of that before going any paint correction and finishing). Just my 2p worth...

#3 ·
I have the 845 insulator wax on my wheels. Seems to make them easier to clean but still use Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner and their products on the rest of the car.

Maybe look into ceramic coating if you're not that keen a detailer or even paint protection film.
As another alternative, Litchfield motors offer a paint protection spray but never seen it in the flesh and I've been lead to believe it's very expensive.

#7 ·
Yup you just cannot beat a good ppf, that can also be ceramic coated, just had mine done, look at the shine.

Attachments

#6 ·
I always have my a full front protection wrap done at Paintshield* of Peterborough. I little detailing preparation first but shouldn't require much when its new.

* - No connection apart from being a satisfied customer. They have template patterns loaded in the cutting machine so no cutting on the car.

#10 · (Edited)
I understand that the thread is four years old, and the information might have evolved since then. In that case, it's even more crucial to consider recent experiences and advancements in paint protection technology.
While Diamondbrite was discussed in the thread, there might be newer and more effective options available today. You can check out https://kraftsmann.com for the latest updates on paint protection products and services, including any advancements that may have occurred over the past few years.
Additionally, I recommend reaching out to local detailing shops or enthusiasts in the Midlands area to get updated recommendations on paint protection services.