GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New toy is due about Jan 1st (gun metallic) so am looking at paint protection from stone chips, probably VentureShield film.

A small company called PaintGuard in Horndean (not to be confused with other Paintguards) were recommended on an Audi forum. They use VentureShield, and sound good. They also quote much more sensible prices than some. Apparently they have done about 4 GTRs, so I was wondering if any of you here were amongst the four? - If so then I would be very interested in your experiences.

Either way I will report back on my own experiences in January.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had these guys do my Storm White car ... excellent job!

Paintshield | Paint Film - Paint Protection for your car

They're in Peterborough but can collect and return in a covered wagon.

I had mine fully detailed first, then collected, protected and returned. My detailing guy checked it over (as he knows what a fussy bugger I am!) and he confirmed it as a fault free installation.

Give the owner (Tom) a call and have a chat, he's very knowledgeable/helpful.

Tim

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are there any mobile paintshield application services?

Am wanting this applied to my new car in April, but don't want the car transported. Would prefer they come to the dealership (Ancaster Bromley) and do it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Think that PaintShield have mobile fitting guys ... they insisted doing mine in their sterile environment as its a white car ... and they were told how fussy I am! :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
OK thanks... might allow that then. Good to know you are happy with the result and they are experienced with GT-Rs.

They don't need to remove the bumper at all do they?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for this post, I've just emailed them, I used to live in Peterborough and when mine arrives its the first place I'm driving to see what the old man makes of the new wheels :p. So kill two birds with one stone and all that

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi guys, can anyone tell me how much it cost to protect the full front bumper + splitter please and what firm you used?

PM if you prefer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To follow up on my earlier post.

Had my new toy covered with VentureShield last week by a company called Paintguard in Hampshire. Absolutely delighted by the results. Steve came out to Oxford to do the work, alternatively you can go to him. He is a really helpful bloke, he fits in with exactly what you want, and did a superb job.

He is very reasonable too. Steve was recommended on an Audi forum and also personally to me by one of the dealers.

I suggest anyone gets a quote from Steve (023 9259 9973) before committing to another supplier.

Car is now at Litchfields having parking sensors fitted. If the s***ing snow stops I might even be able to get it back!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts