GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Now we've had a lot of cars up and down our wonderful roads for several months I was wondering how the front end (bumpers and bonnet) are coping and chipping?

My car arrives soon and I'm thinking of investing in some paint protection film, but at £1000 it aint cheap and I could probably get one bumper respray for about the same price.

Has anyone used the product or wish they had now?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
ive used paint protection film and it aint that much money but well worth it and only use the 3m protection stuff;) , as far as getting the front bumper painted i can get it done for near on £400-£500 and its a top notch job done by my dads garage in beckenham, kent a bmw audi merc etc approved bodyshop :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Paint quality is probably poorest part of car, see several other threads. Mine's done 1500 miles now and several chips already. Don't like plastic film, so will probably just respray after a couple of years. It'll need to be the bumper and the bonnet though (and possibly front wings)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive used paint protection film and it aint that much money but well worth it and only use the 3m protection stuff;) , as far as getting the front bumper painted i can get it done for near on £400-£500 and its a top notch job done by my dads garage in beckenham, kent a bmw audi merc etc approved bodyshop :thumbsup:
So (assuming you dont get a massive family discount) I can get poss two resprays for the price of the paintshield. To be fair, the £1000 quote was one of the big companies and included the whole bonnet, front bumper and wings.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
for 1000 i can do bonnet bumper and 2 fromt wings ;)
yes any stuff i get on here i do at mates rates

1 - 5 of 5 Posts