GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my car back on Friday all freshly painted in it's original colour. What products are there to protect the paint ? Something to protect from paint chips like some sort of clear film ?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
There are a number of clear films that can be used. Speak to the 'wrapper'. It's their line of work.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Googled it, flipping loads. Can't find an answer on whither or not it's a safe on new paint

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Maybe the answer is a phone call away?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Googled it, flipping loads. Can't find an answer on whither or not it's a safe on new paint
i would be very careful if were you. i had my bmw aftermarket bumper repainted sometime ago and used double sided tape to stick my reg plate as i dont want to drill holes. a month after, the plate fell off with the paint peeled off the bumper.

i suggest to leave the paint to dry properly.

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
You are kind of stuck as far as a clear wrap on fresh paint. Not supposed wrap fresh for a few months but then if you don't you will get the odd chip if you drive the car! Most places that do it wont care or tell you that, they will just say its fine.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I figured. Defined details are next door to the body shop so I'll ask them for advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts